x

Store Not Charging Sales Tax

We are selling tickets online for our business.  The items are setup to require sales tax. I have checked my store settings and ALL items are set to charge sales tax.  The option to include in the price is NOT checked - yet we are still not charging sales tax.  I have tried every option available and it still does not fix this issue. 

And just FYI if we create a sale through the App on an iPad it charges sales tax fine - it is ONLY through the online store that this is happening.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Boathouse and welcome to the Seller Community! Taxes don’t sync between Square and the online store yet, so you need to make sure your taxes are setup on Weebly's end as well. You can use the automatic tax calculator to set up quickly and can also mass assign taxes to items by checking the box next to the item (on Items page) and then clicking the tax option.

Screen Shot 2020-06-25 at 10.22.34 AM.png

Let me know if you have any other questions. 🙂

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 7

Where is the "Item Library" pictured? I don't see this anywhere. I have not made any changes to tax rules for my items. Everything but gift cards and maybe a handful of items do not charge tax.  Just this week we received an online order that has tax applied to the item both in Square item library and online (screenshots attached), but no tax was applied in the transaction. 

When auditing, none of my online items are charging tax. How do we get sales tax to charge?Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 1.40.40 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-01-21 at 1.42.23 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-01-21 at 1.42.50 PM.png

Message 3 of 7

This is also applying to upcoming events. 😑 

Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 2.15.04 PM.png

Message 4 of 7
Alumni

Click the Items tab in your Square Online Dashboard to get to where Ashley is in her post above. 

@Winer

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 7

Yes. I've done those things and the tax is still not showing up in the cart.Screen Shot 2021-01-28 at 12.14.01 PM.png

Message 6 of 7
Admin

Hey @Winer

So sorry to hear that. Would you mind running through these instructions one more time?

If that doesn't work, can you reply with your URL? 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 7 of 7