x

TSP100 FUTURE PRNT AND CASH DRAWER NOT RECOGNIZED AFTER REINSTALLING SQUARE

I did all the steps multiple times to troubleshoot the ether net connected printer and cash drawer. Square does not see the printer. I have lost the cash drawer information and history.

I ran the printer report. But I do not know what to do now. 

I need help. The printer has been disconnecting off and on. But for the last week it has been totally disconnected. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller

Hello @Jan76 !

Ethernet printer troubleshooting can be a little finicky, but with my printers the one thing I found works the majority of the time is to completely power cycle everything on your network. iPad off, printer off, ethernet switch/router off, network connection to the outside world off. Let sit for 30 seconds or so, then bring everything back online in the opposite order that I said above. Wait for every device to be completely booted up before adding another device.

If that doesn't solve the disconnect issue, the next thing I'd try is a new Ethernet cable from printer to wall outlet.

Next troubleshooting step would be to try plugging the printer in somewhere else and see if it stays stable. Yeah, you'd lose the cash drawer by moving the printer, but if Square can see the printer it'll see the cash drawer (provided you have the cash drawer plugged into the printer, not a USB). If the printer is stable in a new place, something happened in the wall causing the wiring to fail.

If any of those troubleshooting steps don't help, let us know! Maybe there's another trick we can try.

Good luck!

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 6

@ryanwanner I followed your instructions except I have no place to move the printer to. I use a Samsung tablet.

If I disconnect the Internet or the Internet goes down, the printer prints a

Host disconnected message.

3 years this system has been great. Now it fails.

Message 3 of 6
Super Seller

Ok. If you’re getting a host disconnected error that means the printer isn’t receiving an IP address from the router.

-if you have an extra network port on the router, try moving the printer cable to it. If the printer is seen, you have a bad network port and you’ll probably want to consider replacing the router sooner than later. If the printer isn’t seen after the move, it could either be the router or something happened to the cable in the wall. To verify that, if you can temporarily plug the printer directly into the router, please do so. If the printer works then, it’s something in the wall. If not, it’s probably the router. 

Ryan Wanner

Happy Selling!
Message 4 of 6

The printer recognizes when it is on and off the network.  You misunderstood my statement.

I have called the manufacturer and hopefully we can get this resolved through them. They want me to get a new network cable and a computer.  The printer cannot get an IP address from the router and she said she will have to manually set one up.  I need a computer at my business that she can remote into.

Then we will proceed from there.  Will let you know what happens

Message 5 of 6
Super Seller

Ok. Good luck! 🙂

Ryan Wanner

Happy Selling!
Message 6 of 6