x

I can no longer print paid invoices as of 3/12/19. What can be done?

I can no longer print paid invoices as of 3/12/19. What can be done?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

I am having that same problem.  I actually can't print any invoices regardless of payment status.

Message 2 of 10
Alumni

Hi @trinketst and @dawn219 - This was a bug that our engineers were able to fix yesterday morning. Please give it another try and let us know if you're still having issues.

Thank you for your patience as we worked to resolve this!

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 3 of 10

This just started for us in July, 2019.  Now we have to download to a PDF before we print.  Is this how the system is supposed to work, without the Print option?

Message 4 of 10
Admin

@Miz3 That's correct. We recently rolled out the ability to download and save Invoices as PDFs which you can then print once saved!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 5 of 10

Now the PDF download function is not working.  When I push the pdf download button a new screen pops up, but there is nothing on the screen.  I checked my settings and that's not the problem.  At the top of the address bar it shows there is supposed to be a pdf but there is nothing showing up.  I have many invoices I need to print out today to go out with orders so this is really a problem

Message 6 of 10

I send a printed copy of paid invoices to my customers when I ship their orders.  I used to be able to just push print.  Then it changed to download a pdf of the invoice which was cumbersome, but still worked.  Now when I push the download a pdf of the invoice, nothing shows up.  I can't print my invoices at all.  I need a working solution to this now.  I'm shipping orders and can't print their invoicces.  Help

Message 7 of 10
Square Community Moderator

HI again, @trinketst. I went ahead and merged your other post about this PDF issue into the previous post I responded to. Please let me know if you have any questions after trying those troubleshooting steps! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 10
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @trinketst. Thanks for letting us know about this. So sorry that this has been such an issue for you! I want to make sure this gets solved quickly for you.

We haven't caught wind of any ongoing issues with our PDF downloads via the Square Dashboard, Usually if there are any reported issues with downloads themselves, we can trace them back to being an issue with browser compatibility. Do you know if there is any pending software update available for either your device itself or your browser? As a troubleshooting step, you may want to try a separate browser to see if there is any change to download success.

If that doesn't work, would you mind reaching out to our Support Team? They should be able to quickly trace down the root of the issue and get you back in business. 

I hope this information was helpful! Let me know if I happened to miss the mark. I am here to help! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 9 of 10

The brower is chrome and its up to date. Here is what the address bar shows when I download a pdf of an invoice

https://squareup.com/invoices/M6iVs17afCLVZ9u1iWTy9A/attachments/pdf?inline=true

the screen shows a complete blank.

Message 10 of 10