x
Beta Member

Trying to send an invoice, getting an email saying the customer email is invalid when it is valid.

I had this scenario today:

- Sent an email blast yesterday promoting thanksgiving.

- Someone responded, asking to buy a specific item which is no longer available on the online store, but available in store. 

- When trying to invoice customer through email, I am denied because the invoice asks for their email. 

- When looking up the customer's name, Square says the person is "reachable" yet i cannot see their email becuase they entered the email through the square register when they purchased an item. 

- Apparently, I need to ask the customer for their email, after sending an email blast... 

Summary: Square collected email from customer, wont let me see the email nor invoice them, yet i am able to send a marketing email. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Beta Member

Are you able to invoice people when they respond to your marketing efforts? I had this scenario today:

- Sent an email blast yesterday promoting thanksgiving.

- Someone responded, asking to buy stuff. 

- When trying to invoice them through email, I am denied because the invoice asks for their email. 

- When looking up the customer's name, Square says the person is "reachable" yet i cannot see their email becuase they entered the email through the square register when they purchased an item. 

- Apparently, I need to ask the customer for their email, after sending an email blast... I'd rather not have to do this every time. 

Message 2 of 5
Admin

Hey @LordPies, thanks for surfacing this. If your customer added their email address to their profile during a sale, it should be accessible in your Directory. Is there any chance that they may have a duplicate profile? If it's still not showing up, please let our Customer Success Team know—they'll be able to take a deeper dive. 

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 3 of 5
Admin

Circling back to make sure I clarify an ongoing feature request related to digital receipts and Directory: if a customer entered their email address or phone number receipt purposes only, we are not able to surface that contact information with the seller.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 4 of 5
Beta Member

Hi @Tom Thank you for replying and checking in. I no longer have this issue; I simply ask the customer for their emails  even if they have given it to me before. This gives me the opportunity to clear up any duplicates, enter them as a new customer, etc. 

All good!

Message 5 of 5