x

Two different phones 1 square account

My boss and I need help! She has the square account but we both use the reader on different days. We both have square on our phones and are logged in under her.  She has been using it with her phone no problems. It wouldn’t pair with my phone so I would manually enter credit cards. I finally got mine to pair with the Bluetooth and now it won’t work for her. What are we doing wrong? Is it that we can’t both be logged into the account at same time?

Hopefully someone can help us,

thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hey @Lauraj1!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. 

You can definitely be logged into a Square account on two different devices. However, you cannot have two devices paired with one reader at the same time. Does that answer your question?

I would try turning off Bluetooth and turning it back on right before you pair, and ensure that there aren't any other Bluetooth devices around that the reader could be trying to connect to. Let me know if you have any questions about this! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 4

Can I speak with a person?

Message 3 of 4
Super Seller

@Journeyhome ...... @isabelle is a person 😉

The readers are cheap enough so it's worth just picking up another one so you have one each. 

As the readers can only pair to a single phone at a time it means that you're having to reset the reader every time, then go through the repairing process again (and again.....). 

Pizza Is Chill

Message 4 of 4