x

URL Change of product

Hello. I am exploring moving from Woo to Square. So far looks good. One issue is that I am already ranking for some products which are www.domain.com/shop/productame and yet in square it defaults to www.domain.com/product/productame

Can I change it to be /shop/ in square or will I have to do all 301 and will that cause my rankings to suffer? 

Thanks so much

Ria 

Message 1 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hey @LoveRia, welcome to the Square Community! 

At the moment, it's not possible to change each of the items' URL. I think it's a great idea though! I'll make sure to pass it over to our team for visibility and consideration. 

You can, however, change an item's permalink, which can help maximize your item's Search Engine Optimization. To set up SEO for categories displayed on your Square Online site:

1. From your Square Online Overview page, go to Items > Site Categories.
  2. Select a category from your list or create a new one.
  3. Under Search Engine Optimization, update the SEO permalink, title, and description.
  4. Select Save when finished.
  5. Publish your site from the Square Online site editor to see the changes live.

Although we can't provide any advice on SEO, you check out our Ultimate SEO Guide which can help your business grow no matter what stage it's at. 

Hope this helps! 

Message 2 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content