x

Unable to create new invoices - "ID has already been used" error message

For the past couple of weeks we have been unable to create any new invoices. Everything goes fine until we get to the point where we click "send" or "preview invoice" then we see a red tool bar at the top that alerts us that the "ID has already been used". We are using Google Chrome. I believe we are using the latest version of the browser. I tried deleting all of the cache on my web browser but it did not make any difference. I have not yet tried using a different browser but it is inconvient to switch browsers all day long for different business tasks so we prefer to stick with Google Chrome. It is also not an issue with a particular computer or user, as all employees receive this message from any device they are using. 

Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Hello @DrLS. I have an idea of why you are getting this message! 

The "ID has already been used" refers to the number listed under the details section of the invoice. If this number matches a previous invoice or a drafted invoice you will receive the "ID has already been used" error message. To fix it just pick a new number that hasn't been used already! 

Please let me know if you have any other questions! 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Best Answer

Hello @DrLS. I have an idea of why you are getting this message! 

The "ID has already been used" refers to the number listed under the details section of the invoice. If this number matches a previous invoice or a drafted invoice you will receive the "ID has already been used" error message. To fix it just pick a new number that hasn't been used already! 

Please let me know if you have any other questions! 

Message 2 of 7

how do I remove the words "New Invoice" from the top of my invoice? I don't want it there.

Message 3 of 7
Admin

Welcome to the Community @SoapbyBespoke!

I'm afraid this can't be removed! The thinking behind this is to make very clear to your customer the invoice in question is new, and unpaid.

When an invoice has been paid, the customer receives another email with Invoice Paid in the same place. 

I'll share your request to be able to remove/edit this text with our Product Team. Please keep in touch and let me know if you have any other questions! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 7

Hi,

Where is the option to generate a new invoice ID automatically when creating a new invoice? My account did this before and now it doesn´t automatically generate a new ID (invoice number). Please help. It´s not efficient to have to manually enter the Invoice ID.

Thanks!

Message 5 of 7
Admin

Welcome to the Seller Community @TCC2013!

From the Point of Sale app, you do have the option to enter your own ID number for any invoice by tapping Custom Invoice ID.

But if you leave this field blank, an invoice number will be generated automatically! You can confirm this by tapping Preview before sending the invoice.

When you tap Preview, you'll see the generated invoice number just above the date in your new invoice.

Let me know if you have any other questions! Happy to help.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 6 of 7

Thanks, Helen, this worked!

Message 7 of 7