x
Super Seller

Unable to login.

So I am unable to login to seller community or my square dashboard when on my home WIFI. Nothing I can think of has changed in the last year and this has only started happening in the last week or less. I've tried on multiple computers (iMac, MacBook Pro, Chromebook) with multiple browsers (safari and chrome) on each computer.  As soon as I switch over to a hotspot from my iPhone everything works instantly.  I didn't try my iPhone while on wifi.

Could there be some kind of IP blocking it or a weird DNS issue stopping the address from resolving when I click login.  I can go view the seller community fine but the login is not thru the same URL.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hey @VanKalkerFarms, really sorry to hear about the trouble with accessing your account from your home wifi. I haven't been able to recreate the same scenario on my end. 🤔

To be 100% sure I'm on the same page — you're able to log in on the same computer and web browser once you switch your connection from your home wifi to using your phone as a hot spot, correct? Are you noticing this problem with signing into any other non-Square websites? In addition, have you been able to touch base with your internet service provider and check for any possible wifi router issues?

If that doesn't help clear this up, I'd like to have a closer look at this. So that I could take a deeper dive, please reply with a screenshot of any errors and let us know if you're receiving any specific messaging. Thank you for taking the time to report this!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 4
Super Seller

There are no errors. It just times out or just has a progress bar that never moves when trying to connect to squareup.com/login... (the link you click at the top of the seller community to login). 

No other problems with any other site.  Speed and ping fine. 

Yes you are correct. Unable to login when on my home isp via wifi, but as soon as I change from the wifi to my hotspot it works instantly. 

I checked with my phone and it was the same that it wouldn't work on the wifi but worked when I connected to LTE. 

Weird. I tried rebooting the computer, clearing the cache on the browser's, rebooting the router. 

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Thanks for taking the time to check on all of that, @VanKalkerFarms.

Shucks, really sorry to hear that you're still unable to get the login to work.😕 I just touched base with our engineering team and there aren't any issues that would cause this problem on our end.

It sounds like the next best step is to contact your internet service provider. It may be a simple or complex issue, but they should be able to get it sorted out for you. Please keep us in the loop on if they're able to fix it, or if they provide any other information that we should be aware of. I'm keeping a close eye on this.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 4 of 4