x

Updating COGS

I am new to Square. I was working on importing default costs for my items in order to generate my COGS. I imported all of the items with no issue and all of the items are reflecting the correct cost. I went to run my COGS report and it is not pulling any of the costs that I imported. I am not sure what happened or how to troubleshoot this. Please if anyone has any feedback, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Alumni

Hey @yellowbrick - any updates to your unit costs may take up to 24 hours to reflect in your COGS report. Sorry for the confusion. 

Since you posted this past Friday, your COGS report should be updated and accurate by now. If not, our Retail Team have a couple tricks up their sleeves to help identify the root issue. Give them a holler in case you need to further assistance. 

squ.re/contact 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6

I feel like I'm losing my mind, but when I go to the Inventory History screen to search for recent sales that were missing costs, it doesn't seem to show any even though I know we had some.

Tight now I'm looking at items from one recent transaction, but it's missing an item I sold that I had to create on the spot within the app (it was accidentally deleted from our library a couple of days ago). That item has a missing cost, the others have costs. Yet when "Missing Cost" is selected, only the with-costs items are displayed.

When I select "Has Cost" it returns nothing, saying "No Inventory History In This Time Frame."

The item I created within the app (that has no cost) isn't showing up when either option is selected.

Essentially, we want to be able to go into the dashboard and add costs for anything that may have been sold without one that day, as this is a common occurrence. 

Message 3 of 6

Here are some screencaps:

Capture2.JPGCapture.JPG

The only place I can seem to find the sale in question is on the main screen of the COGS report, but it's not editable:

Capture3.JPG

Message 4 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Postmark_Books,

I found an existing thread I moved your post to where another seller had the same question.

We weren't experiencing any outages like the one mentioned above, but it gives you the information there on how to contact our Square for Retail team since COGS reports are through them only.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 6

That's not the same issue at all, but thanks -- I'll just contact Support directly as it seems no one else in the community has an answer to this one!

Message 6 of 6