x

Variation (size) not displaying when only single variation option remains

I have created variations to represent different sizes of shirts (S, M, L etc). When all of the sizes have sold out except for one, the variation is no longer displayed. The drop-down to select a size variation disappears and the remaining variation available is not noted anywhere. For instance, if I have S, M, and L in stock, you can choose one of the sizes from the drop-down; if I only have S size available, it only shows the item as available but the fact that the shirt is a S size is not noted anywhere.

Message 1 of 13
2 Best Answers

Best Answer

HI, do you have Track Stock enabled on all items and all variations?  

Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 12.15.25 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-05 at 10.38.57 AM.png

Hope this helps!

Terri

🛍 Shop my store

Resale Collection - http://bit.ly/HangerHues

Hope This Helps!
TERRI

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 13

Best Answer

HI, thank you for the clarification.  No, there is not an automatic way to show what is out of stock.  If you wanted to go into the item listing and add, ex. S (out of stock), M (out of stock), then it would show which one is available quickly.  But it would need to be manually done for each item.

Hope this helps!

Terri

🛍 Shop my store

Hope This Helps!
TERRI

View Best Answer >

Message 6 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Best Answer

HI, do you have Track Stock enabled on all items and all variations?  

Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 12.15.25 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-05 at 10.38.57 AM.png

Hope this helps!

Terri

🛍 Shop my store

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 2 of 13

Thanks! Since I'm just setting up my inventory, if I only have Small of one item, then I only added that one variation. I do have track stock clicked but since it's the only variation, maybe it just doesn't show a single variation?!!? I just added another variation (XS) and listed stock as 0 count but now it looks like that's available unless you click on it and it then says item unavailable. Is there a way to gray out or italicize (or otherwise differentiate) variations that are unavailable so customers don't have to click through all the variations to determine which are actually available?

Message 3 of 13

HI, too much info.  So you did not have variations?  You just want the item to not show if not available?  Confused now.  Maybe a screenshot or link?

Terri

🛍 Shop my store

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 4 of 13

Sorry for my confusing message. I don't have a way to easily add a screenshot at the moment.

I have added variations and set count to 0 for sizes that I don't have stock of.

Is there a way to differentiate (in the drop-down list of variation choices) between those that are in stock and ones that are out of stock? Right now you have to select the variation and then, if unavailable, you see "Item Unavailable" and "Out of Stock." Is it possible to make that note "Out of Stock" visible beside the variation option before you select it? When I only have one size of something, it seems obnoxious to make the customer select each of 7-10 variations before finding which one actually is in stock.

Does this make sense? Thanks.

Message 5 of 13

Best Answer

HI, thank you for the clarification.  No, there is not an automatic way to show what is out of stock.  If you wanted to go into the item listing and add, ex. S (out of stock), M (out of stock), then it would show which one is available quickly.  But it would need to be manually done for each item.

Hope this helps!

Terri

🛍 Shop my store

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 6 of 13

Thank you so much for your help and patience! That's a great idea to work around the issue by adding the manual not for "out of stock." Have a great day!

Message 7 of 13
Beta Member

Hi.. interestingly for me when I only have 1 variation available, it still shows me that with a dropdown option, however I don't want it to show that. Why is it different what clxfam is seeing. I actually would like to have what clxfam has. Not have any dropdown if there is only 1 variation available. How can that be enabled? 

Message 8 of 13

Hi, you only have the item available in one?

example:

one blue

or

one small

Then there is no need to have a variation at all.  Nothing variates.

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 9 of 13
Beta Member

No others are just out of stock for now. I also want to keep the variation as it helps me filter when I am in a specific category through through the default filters that Square creates on the left

Message 10 of 13

HI, for the item to NOT have a drop down variation, you would need to delete the previous variations and note the remaining size or color in the description.

This would create confusion with customers buying and not reading then complaining that was not the size or color they wanted.

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 11 of 13
Beta Member

I dont have the other variations. I just have one variation. So I have an option set called Language and I only have 1 variation called English but since its only 1 variation I don't want the Option set to display on my website as a dropdown with only 1 option. 

Message 12 of 13

HI, if only one variation, you do not need a dropdown.  

What are you trying to accomplish?  Can you please share a screenshot? or Link?

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 13 of 13