x
Beta Member

We just bought the new Square Register and purchased 300.00 Socket and now will not work with stand?

We Just spent 1000.00 on the new register.  Bought a 300.00 socket as recommended by Square now will not match up because square stand is not Ios.  Why then recommend to use the socket and is there ANY wireless option for checkout scanner?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

I'm not sure what Item you are referring to, but here is a list of barcode scanners that are compatible with each device.  https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6334-hardware-compatibility-by-device#barcode-scanners

I don't see any wireless ones that are compatible with Square Register currently.

Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

Thanks, 

We have been using square register for years.  We upgraded to the new Square Register this last January and purchased the new hardware (stand, display, drawer and printer).  I assumed the new hardware was ios as square told me their stand would not work on a PC non apple based system for the register portion.  Well now I find out that I can not use a wireless scanner at my checkout stand becuse Square does not have one compatable with Android.  

What a bummer from a company that has done so much.  This is really hampering our checkout process that we purchased just for this purpose.  How hard can it be to program a wireless scanner into your system.

Rich 

Message 3 of 3