x
Beta Member

Website showing $75 default shipping

My website is showing the shipping default as $75 before my customers enter any of their information, it is scaring them off from placing any orders.

Thankfully a few of them emailed me to ask why the shipping is so high.

Please help! Screenshot 2022-05-17 at 18-49-39 Universal Monsters – Ultimate Wolf Man (color) Elm Street Toys.png

Message 1 of 57
56 REPLIES 56

HI, you need to review your Shipping Profile.

Online Dashboard, Fulfillment, Shipping, +Add Shipping Profile

ex. Flat Rate Shipping shown

shipping profile.png

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 2 of 57
Beta Member

We have been shipping and paying for real time shipping costs for just about 10 months now and have had no problems before.

My best guess it is now showing the fall back rate for internationalScreenshot 2022-05-18 at 09-23-26 Shipping Square Online.png

Screenshot 2022-05-18 at 09-26-36 Shipping Square Online.png

shipping.

Message 3 of 57

HI, it may be the Free Shipping setting. 

Free over $100

$99.00 and up - $0.00 should be (gap $99.01 to $99.99)

There should be specific amounts

example:

$0.01 - $49.99 = $7.90

$50.00 - $69.99 = $8.90

$70.00 - $89.99 = $10.90  etc

XXX - $100.01 = $0.00

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 4 of 57
Beta Member

This shipping "quote" is causing big problems. Most people would not think "I bet the shipping costs will go down once I enter in my shipping information"

I know if I went shopping online and saw that, I wouldn't even bother clicking on check out.

Screenshot 2022-05-18 at 09-32-07 Elvira Mistress of the Dark – 8″ Clothed Action Figure Elm Street Toys.png

Message 5 of 57
Beta Member

I removed the $75 international fall back rate and now the website shows Free Shipping as the default and then gives shipping quotes after the customer enters their information, which is also confusing because the customers thinks they had free shipping and it went away on them, when they never should have had free shipping in the first place since the total was underneath the $99 mark.

Message 6 of 57
Beta Member

Not sure if this an error caused by being in the beat test group for website customer accounts.

Screenshot 2022-05-18 at 11-33-28 Universal Monsters – Ultimate Wolf Man (color) Elm Street Toys.png

Message 7 of 57
Square Community Moderator

Hi @ElmStreetToys

Shouldn't have to do with customer accounts. 

This is definitely weird, the expected behavior would be to not show a shipping amount until address is entered.

What's the domain? I can take a look!

Thank you.

Frances
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 57
Beta Member

It's www.elmstreettoys.com

I talked to someone in the support center on Friday. They said it's a known bug with no timeline of a fix. 

Message 9 of 57
Beta Member

Just circling back to see if you heard anything.

Message 10 of 57

Hi @ElmStreetToys 👋 I just came across this thread, and will do some research for you. The issue you are describing 100% sounds like a bug, and I'll post an update here for you once I have more details to share. 

Do you happen to have the case number for the support ticket where they advised a possible bug? I'm having a hard time tracking it down in the system. 

Thanks in advance! 

Message 11 of 57
Beta Member

Thank you so much. 

Message 12 of 57

You're welcome, @ElmStreetToys! I'm still trying to locate the bug, but will let you know as soon as I find out more information. 

P.s. Great job on alerting people about the shipping rate issue when they first access the site. ❤️

Message 13 of 57
Beta Member

Message 14 of 57

Thanks for checking in @ElmStreetToys

I have been in contact with the team, and this appears to be resolved now. Do you still see the same behavior from your end? 

Message 15 of 57
Beta Member

This is what I get on both Chrome and Mozilla.

Instead of the international fallback rate showing, its now showing the free shipping over $99 as the default.

Which means the customer thinks they are getting free shipping but the actual cost shows up after they put in their shipping info. Which is honestly is worse for us, this will really confuse the customers.Screenshot 2022-06-20 at 19-56-17 Over 1 300 Horror movie toys & collectibles available at Elm Street Toys.png

Message 16 of 57
Beta Member

After putting in a random address the shipping quote changes from "free shipping" to the actually shipping Screenshot 2022-06-20 at 20-07-48 Over 1 300 Horror movie toys & collectibles available at Elm Street Toys.png cost.

Message 17 of 57

Ah, I see what you mean. 😩 I didn't catch that initially, and I apologize for the oversight. 

When did you first notice the free shipping option showing? I'm going to circle back to the team to see if this is related, or if it is a new bug. 

Do you happen to know if the system will allow the checkout to complete? I can't put in a test order, but curious to know if you have received any completed orders with free shipping that should not have been eligible due to the cart total. 

Message 18 of 57
Beta Member

Just saw the free shipping error after I went and checked when you posted a response about it possibly being fixed.

I'm going to guess that the checkout can not complete without putting in a valid shipping address, which would then show the correct shipping cost.

Message 19 of 57
Beta Member

I just doubled check everything and saw that the international fallback rate was set to $0 which was then showing the free shipping quote, once I put the $50 back in for international it shows on the website again. Which means we are a month in with this issue and nothing has been fixed yet.  I understand you are doing the best you can to help. 

Message 20 of 57

Yes, that is correct. The shipping rate should not show up until you enter an address. It's strange that you are seeing free shipping (or any shipping amount) on the checkout panel before you enter an address on the final screen. 

Were you able to confirm if any of the orders processed with free shipping? If the team needs to run a test order, is it okay for them to create a coupon? 

Message 21 of 57