x
Beta Member

Website showing $75 default shipping

My website is showing the shipping default as $75 before my customers enter any of their information, it is scaring them off from placing any orders.

Thankfully a few of them emailed me to ask why the shipping is so high.

Please help! Screenshot 2022-05-17 at 18-49-39 Universal Monsters – Ultimate Wolf Man (color) Elm Street Toys.png

Message 1 of 57
56 REPLIES 56
Square Community Moderator

Hi @ElmStreetToys 

This is still an active bug, unfortunately. I do not see an ETA at the moment, but it does look like there's a few engineers working on debugging this. If I see any new updates, or suggested work arounds, I'll let you know. 

I apologize for the long wait on this, and we appreciate your continued patience. 

Message 43 of 57
Beta Member

I removed international shipping and that seemed to help, but now I can no longer offer shipping outside of the U.S. and I would REALLY like to be able to do that again.

Message 44 of 57

Hi @ElmStreetToys I totally understand wanting to be able to offer shipping to more countries. I did not get a reply to my last request for an update, but am submitting another one on your behalf. 

I'm really sorry this is taking longer than expected!

I can't recall how you had your shipping rules setup.. did you have the "rest of world" option or did you set up the rules individually by country? 

Message 45 of 57
Beta Member

Rest of the world 

Message 46 of 57

Thanks for confirming. I'm going to check my test account to see if the backup rate is showing for individual countries. 

Message 47 of 57
Beta Member

I had to turn it off, right now to get the shipping to show the correct rate I only ship inside the U.S.

Message 48 of 57

My account seems to be working properly. Can you try adding a new rule for one additional country to see if that helps? 

Message 49 of 57
Beta Member

@BernadetteA I am having the same issue on my site. I am launching tomorrow and I have international customers expecting to be able to order and this is a huge issue for me. For the exact same reasons @ElmStreetToys noted in his previous comments. This is bad enough of a bug for me to move my site to another provider if it's not fixed. Is there an update? It's been almost 5 months since seems pretty bad to not have a solution on something so integral. Especially for Premium accounts who use real-time to ship internationally.

Message 50 of 57
Beta Member

@ElmStreetToysI think the bug might be associated with the "Rest of the World" checkbox. I created a rule with one country and the international fallback rate didn't show. So I went back and added a few more countries, tested it again and still good. I added all the countries (I have carpel tunnel from all the clicking), still working...no international fallback rates showing.

whipitgoods_0-1666581916738.png

whipitgoods_1-1666581994289.png

Message 51 of 57
Beta Member

I tried to add one county at a time a few weeks ago and it still wasn't working properly, since it is working for you now, I'll give it another try on my site and see what happens. 

Message 52 of 57
Beta Member

I hope it does.

Message 53 of 57

Thank you for posting this update! This has been a nightmare to deal with for months even after talking with Square on the phone. They don't seem able to fix it but removing "rest of the world" did it so really, genuinely, thank you ♥

Message 54 of 57
Beta Member

You're welcome, glad it helped you. It was a nightmare for us to especially finding it the night before our website launched.

Message 55 of 57

It's been an ongoing issue for me. I contacted square months ago and they told me it was my fault for how my shipping was set up and tried to walk me through the set up. IIRC it actually fixed for a while but it is back to doing it now for some reason. Something's def messed up on their end to cause this. We should never see a default shipping rate before entering an address. 

Message 56 of 57
Beta Member

Wow! Sad you had to go thru all of that. It's definitely on their end and related to the "rest of the world" checkbox. Just seems like it hasn't been prioritized by the engineering team to fix. I sent an email to expressing my frustration because if we pay the highest subscription fee to have international enabled and issues that impact our revenue seems like an issue that would be top priority to fix. ijs.

Message 57 of 57