x

Weekend Balance By default, we keep Friday sales in your balance over the weekend, so you can access

[This post was updated by moderator in 2020 to reflect a name change - deposits are now called transfers.]

I specifically set my Transfers as Same Day Transfers last week and noticed that today's transfer was taking longer than usual to hit my bank account. I need the funds that come in on a daily basis to process customer orders immediately. I go and check my settings for Friday and I scroll down to see this stupid message: 

Weekend Balance
By default, we keep Friday sales in your balance over the weekend, so you can access them instantly if needed. If you would like your Friday sales sent out on Friday night, disable weekend balance here.

Not only does that not make any sense, but why is it enabled by default? So you can access them instantly if needed? What does that even mean?

So I just disabled this option that was enabled already without my consent and it told me that I may have to wait 24 hours for it to take effect? So does this mean that today's orders will be late for something that I'm not even at fault for? That's just what I need, a couple of disgruntled customers that might even initiate chargebacks. This is ridiculous. Not only that but the phone support is "Down". I sent an email and they replied saying I would get a response between 1 to 3 Business Days. This is obviously an urgent matter. This has me highly upset.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

[This post was updated by moderator in 2020 to reflect a name change - deposits are now called transfers.]

Instant transfer is a service Square offers so that people can get their money instantly transferred onto their Debit card rather than wait for it to be transferred the next business day.  A lot of people want to get their money the moment after they swipe the card and can with this service and pay an additional 1% for it.  Personally, I have never used it because I can wait for my normal transfers.  The money will be transferred on the next banking business day which would be Monday so there isn't a reason to hold your customer's orders, The credit card transfers from your customer have already taken place.

Message 2 of 5

This is just a way they can trick you to get 1% on Fridays

Message 3 of 5

This is very dumb, it won't even give me the option to disable the feature, I need the bank transfer Friday for payroll checks, now my employees have checks that bounced, return check fees, and the embarrassment associated with this inconvenience. Yes I am a small business I do on average 10-20K a week. I am now exploring other options for CC processing.    

Message 4 of 5

I just discovered this myself and disabled.  I do not need to swipe for my money.  I need it to transfer into my bank account at EOD.

Message 5 of 5