x
Mrheavyy

My chip reader is malfunctioning it keep flashing red lights across the top even when charging& off

what’s wrong when the chip readers continuously flashes a red lights on the charger or off

Message 111 of 118
Admin

Re: My chip reader is malfunctioning it keep flashing red lights across the top even when chargin...

@Mrheavyy

Sorry to hear about the issues you're having with this reader. Sounds like there definitely is some troubleshooting that needs to be done here.

I'm moving your message to a thread where we've had other Sellers troubleshoot errors with their Contactless and Chip readers. Hopefully this gets it fixed for you.  If not, please reach out to our Customer Success team so we can further help out!

Message 112 of 118
EWPT

during pairing, orange lights flash, released button, and at the very end flash red once

The device appears to be pairing but the "pair" button never comes up. The orange lights flash for a while during "pairing" (button is released) and at the very end red lights flash once and then nothing. Device is charged because green lights flash when button is pressed so this isn't the issue

Message 113 of 118
Admin

Re: during pairing, orange lights flash, released button, and at the very end flash red once

@EWPT

This thread should be helpful in further troubleshooting. 

Message 114 of 118
BigBen19147

Inserted credit card to my reader, and the green light just stays on. Not taking payment

Inserted credit card into my reader, and the green light is just staying on, but not accepting payments

Message 115 of 118
Admin

Re: Inserted credit card to my reader, and the green light just stays on. Not taking payment

Hi @BigBen19147 and welcome to our Seller Community! 

We moved your post to a relevant thread for troubleshooting the Contactless + Chip reader that should help you fix this issue.

If not, please don't hesitate to Contact Us directly for further troubleshooting. 

Message 116 of 118
Highlighted
hairninja76

Anyone else having the chip reader take a long time to connect?

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Anyone else having the chip card reader take a long time to connect?

It takes a long time to connect whether im connected to wifi or using my phones wifi. I use it when im charging my contactless chip reader.

Message 117 of 118
Admin

Re: Anyone else having the chip reader take a long time to connect?

Hey @hairninja76, I'm sorry your reader is taking longer than usual to connect - that sounds pretty frustrating! These pairing troubleshooting steps usually help. It's also important that your phone's software is up to date, and the Point of Sale app is up to date too! 

If those troubleshooting steps don't resolve this issue for you, please don't hesitate to call our team who can take a closer look. 

Message 118 of 118