x
OakEssentials

Re: What are the troubleshooting steps for the Contactless and Chip Card Reader?

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: “not sure how to pair”. 

its sent up on my phone but not sure how to pair with my mac and i dont want to keep going into it and make a mistake should i just do all payments on my phone? 

Message 61 of 71
RHatch Super Seller

Re: What are the troubleshooting steps for the Contactless and Chip Card Reader?

As long as you have the Square Point of Sale app and are logged in with the same email and password you created the Square account with you are good. You don't Pair anything with your computer.  If you are using the Contactless chip reader it should only be paired with your phone it will not work on a computer.

Message 62 of 71
Highlighted
Laurak88

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: “Why isn’t my chip reader connecting?” 

My contactless chip reader will not connect with my iPhone. I have deleted the app and reinstalled it. I have my Bluetooth on, wireless connection is full bars. It worked yesterday around 4, and has not worked since. 

Message 63 of 71
Pauld

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: “4 solid red lights when chip reader pairs”. 

my chip read has 4 solid red  lights when chip reader pairs to phone and does not read cards

Message 64 of 71
RHatch Super Seller

4 red lights mean it failed to pair. Help Page Link.  What phone are you pairing too?  Make sure it is compatible. There have also been some issues with Samsung phones after the last update.

Message 65 of 71
BethanyR

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: “I can”t get blinking orange lights, only red.”. The original author has been notified via email.

I am having trouble connecting my reader to my iPad. Both have all current updates (OS11). When I press and hold the button, nothing happens for several seconds, and then it goes straight to flashing red lights- no orange lights. Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution?

Message 66 of 71
Admin

Hi @BethanyR - Sorry to hear about the trouble. Have you already tried our troubleshooting steps? If those don't work, reach out to our Support team directly and they can advise you on any next steps.

Message 67 of 71
BethanyR

Thanks, Puka. Last night I charged it overnight and then reset it with it plugged in, and finally got the orange lights!

Message 68 of 71
alraoof

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: “My contactless and chip reader is no longer working. Can I return it and get another one?”. The original author has been notified via email.

My contactless and chip reader is no longer working. Can I return it and get another one?

Message 69 of 71
RHatch Super Seller

Here is the Warranty information on Square Hardware.  There is a link to exchange it if it is still under warranty.

Message 70 of 71