x
Highlighted

Re: "Invalid location"

The same thing happened to me and they asked for a video of me trying to complete a transaction. So I sent it and after an entire week of not having POS, they came back and told me it was a problem with Apple. Not square. I’m very upset. I’m 45 minutes north of Houston and if the gentleman I’m dealing with asks me one more time how close I am to Mexican border, I’m going to lose it. ITS BEEN ONE WHOLE WEEK. Today makes 8 days and last night they pushed it off on Apple. All of my other Apple everything knows exactly where I am. I’m really upset.

Message 11 of 55
Highlighted
Admin

@moonvine I'm really sorry for the frustration this has caused - this sounds very strange. I took a look and I see that you are already working with our CS team, and they'll continue to work with you until this is resolved. Thanks for flagging this to the team - and for your patience while we work to fix it for you.

Message 12 of 55
Highlighted

I'm getting the same error message and I, too am located within the US. I called square support and they were unable to help. What gives???

Message 13 of 55
Highlighted
Admin

@Hilda If the support team wasn't able to resolve this with you when you called the issue might be specific to your device. The manufacturer (e.g. Samsung/Apple) should be able to investigate if any location settings on your device are causing this and fix this for you.

If you're still having trouble after contacting the manufacturer do give us another call! 

Message 14 of 55
Highlighted

Hilda, what did you end up doing?

Message 15 of 55
Highlighted

You have got to be **bleep**t'n me.  I have just moved to Thailand 6 wks ago where I am living for 9 mo out of the year.  Three months back in the US to work my tax business  (late Jan - April), then back to Thailand.  How am I supposed to process the CC's of my clients who pay late or who are on extension!  Please let me know as it is critical to my business.  Is there a way to re-activate in Thailand and then re-activate again when I'm in the US?

Message 16 of 55
Highlighted
Admin

@DrPhibes Unfortunately you cannot process card payments outside of the country that you activated your Square Account in. 

In regards to re-activating in Thailand, we currently only support card processing in the US, JP, CA, and AU. 

You might need to have a business partner who is located in the US help with the customers who pay late.

Message 17 of 55
Highlighted

I agree! I am now in Canada - I bought the chip reader just for a conference in Canada - I had no idea.

Message 18 of 55
Highlighted

Hey, did you end up finding a different system that processed US credit cards while you were in Thailand? 

Message 19 of 55
Highlighted

how can i accept a credit card payment from an international credit card while outside the usa witho

how can i accept a credit card payment from an international credit card while outside the usa and without having the square card reader?

Message 20 of 55