x

What does "no sale" mean in the Transaction report?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: What is a no sale? ive never seen that on a transaction before

A cow worker and i both noticed a no sale on our transaction report when we checked it. It shows where a receipt was issued with a number but it doesnt say the amount of the sale. I just want to make sure i received my money.

Message 1 of 8
2 Best Answers
Super Seller

Best Answer

It is a way to open the cash drawer without a sale.  If you hit charge with nothing in the item list sale on the right, it will then ask you to confirm a $0 sale and then create a no sale transaction.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

@sarahmic It sounds like a potential bug, so you may want to talk to Support over the phone so they can file a ticket with engineering. You can reach out directly to Customer Success at [Redacted]. Please keep in mind, you will need a customer code to get an advocate on the phone. Here is the link to get that code: squ.re/contactsqsupport

When your employee does a "no sale" are they just hitting $0 charge on the checkout screen? 

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 8 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Super Seller

Best Answer

It is a way to open the cash drawer without a sale.  If you hit charge with nothing in the item list sale on the right, it will then ask you to confirm a $0 sale and then create a no sale transaction.

Message 2 of 8

When I view my transaction report on line, I see many transactions for $0.00 Why? Are my employees opening the drawer and taking money out without recording a sales since it's recording $0.00?

Message 3 of 8
Alumni

Hi @Dujour123 - While I cannot speak for what actions your employees are taking, a $0 sale most likely means that the cash drawer was being opened as described above.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 4 of 8

My "transactions" tab doesn't show every "no sale" that's created. I know for the past two days approximately what time my employee did the cash drawer report but the transaction isn't showing. I really do prefer that it record every no sale. Is this a setting that can be changed?

Message 5 of 8

@sarahmic that sounds really strange. Is it possible the employee is doing this from a different device? There is no setting that would have us hide a no sale report, but I'm curious of exactly how your employee is opening the cash drawer as that likely holds our answer for you. 🙂

AshleyK
Message 6 of 8

It is strange! Always in the past, there is a no sale to open the drawer, then a few minutes later an email showing the drawer report. A few days last week, i got the drawer report but there was no corresponding no sale. I guess I'll have to ask. If you think of any other possible reasons please let me know!

Message 7 of 8

Best Answer

@sarahmic It sounds like a potential bug, so you may want to talk to Support over the phone so they can file a ticket with engineering. You can reach out directly to Customer Success at [Redacted]. Please keep in mind, you will need a customer code to get an advocate on the phone. Here is the link to get that code: squ.re/contactsqsupport

When your employee does a "no sale" are they just hitting $0 charge on the checkout screen? 

AshleyK
Message 8 of 8