x

When I try to purchase hardware at SquareUp, the order is declined - it is not the credit card.

When I purchase hardware at SquareUp, it is not processed and I am unable to reach Square by phone.  Email does not resolve the issue.  I have called my credit card company and they indicated that it was with Square.  I am a new CBD business.  I have been approved.  Does anyone have a suggestion?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

HI, since there are different pricing and requirements Square may just require you to speak with a representative to purchase hardware.

You can try to contact Customer Support with this link.  Monday to Friday.

Contact Customer Support

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/contact?panel=FAB456B04971&skip_unit_select=true

You will get a few options to contact, click Call Us, a new browser window will open with phone number and customer code.

You must be logged into your account and is best on a laptop or desktop.  Phone app sometimes displays unavailable at times.

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 2 of 8

Thank you, Terri.  I will contact Square tomorrow.

Message 3 of 8
Square Community Moderator

We will keep an eye out for your contact, @NaturePaths!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 8

I am having the same issue. I have tried to order a few times and it keeps telling me that my order was declined possibly due to violation of terms or high risk activity. We open our business at the end of this month and I don't know what to do. The number to contact customer service is unavailable to me on both my phone app and computer. I have emailed several times and gotten no response. What can I do?

Message 5 of 8
Alumni

I've gone ahead and escalated a case directly to the team that handles these situations, so someone can take a look.

Thank you for your patience, @Greatescape21.

Valentina
Message 6 of 8

It is almost as if they don't want our business. I have had the same issue, was told I needed to set the account up properly before I could order hardware. Have done that and still for some reason Square do not wish to sell me hardware.

Really frustrated....

Message 7 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Hello @crookwell 

Welcome to the Seller Community. 

We have limited access to accounts here in the Community, so we are unable to provide account-specific information. 

We would recommend reaching out directly to our Support Team so they can tell you what are your next steps to get your account set up.

Even if the initial setup is completed, you might need to wait a few days for a bank account to be verified.

Hope this helps!

Frances
Message 8 of 8