x

Why am I unable to process credit cards?

My reader does not give me an option to accept a credit card? It isn't listed as a form of payment.

Message 1 of 46
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: How do I "Enable credit card processing"?

Hi again @Abs-doodlebop - it looks like @Minion pointed you in the right direction!

Have you logged into your Square Dashboard on a computer and clicked the clipboard icon?

You will be walked through all of your next steps if you head there - it will look like this:

Learn more about this process here, and let me know if questions come up.

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community👋

1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

In order to accept payments, we need to obtain, verify, and record identifying information about the owner of the account. If we don't have this, or if the infomation isn't accepted by our system, a seller can't process payments.

To complete the activation process, please sign in to your Square Dashboard and click Activate card processing.

Your activation may be declined if there are any typos, so please pay close attention to the information you enter. Keep the following tips in mind:

- Enter your legal first and legal last name. If you recently changed your name, enter your previous name. (e.g., If you recently married, try entering your maiden name.)
- Use your current home address. If this is the address you initially entered, or if you’ve moved within the last 6 months, try using your previous home address.

Learn more about the information required to activate a Square account on our Support Center.

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 46
45 REPLIES 45

Recently the square app was working now it says to many verification attempts have been made and when I enter my info it still says it's wrong 

Message 22 of 46
Admin

Hey @Itswarri, sorry to hear about the trouble. Take a look at George's post in this page for more information. If that doesn't clear things up, please contact us directly and we'll have a closer look at your account!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 23 of 46

Did you ever find the solution to your problem? I seem to be having the same issue and need to Use it ASAP

Message 24 of 46

Hello @Landonadams, I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. 

We recommend reaching out to our Customer Success Team via email, if you're still having trouble. 

Message 25 of 46

I am trying to use square, but have the promlem with activation. I have all of my information correct. I read that Square uses credit history to verify users, I do not have a credit history yet. Is there another way I can be verified? I've left a ticket with customer service and they said they'd email me but never did.

Message 26 of 46

Cool

Message 27 of 46
Square Community Moderator

@Aksonov This thread should provide some information and articles on the activation process. 

Message 28 of 46

Square is telling me I have to many verification attempts but all my information was correct and complete but square denied me processing so ig I’ll just switch to PayPal here or if square fixes it I’ll consider using square 

Message 29 of 46

At the moment,  I am having problems getting started with my business. I placed in all the information correctly, but it still says that I'm not approved.

Message 30 of 46

@sjbailey7 Check out the information in this thread in regards to the verification and activation of your Square Account. 

Message 31 of 46

I am trying to set up my account, it is stuck on verifying my identity.

Message 32 of 46
Square

Check out George's answer one the first page of this thread for some tips that should help get you up and running. 

Message 33 of 46

I've tried taking card payments but they will not process. I have gone into my settings so as to activate it but the option doesn't even show up. My only options for payment are Checks, Cash, and Gift Cards. There is no option whatsoever in the settings to include Credit Cards. I have my Checking Account linked and was verified, yet things still do not work as they should.

Message 34 of 46
Alumni

@NatG0215 This thread should provide some helpful information about the activation process - if you still have questions, please reach out to our Customer Success team!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 35 of 46

I tried to sign up for Square a few months ago and my SSN was not accepted. I double and triple checked all the information I had submitted and everything was correct.

I just tried signing up again and still nothing worked. I'm wondering if there is a way to figure out what's going on? Could it be because I don't have a credit score? Not sure if that affects things. Thanks!

Message 36 of 46

Hey there @DakotaLife

Welcome to the Seller Community! 

Ah I see. Since your SSN was not accepted, these could be some reasons why the decline happens. Be cautious 

• Are you signing up as a business?: If you’re creating an account for a business or organization, you’ll still need to enter your Social Security Number. You’ll also be able to add your organization’s EIN, which is optional. Adding an EIN ensures 1099 Ks are reported with the EIN provided and not your SSN.
  • Has your name changed in the past 6 months?: Try entering your legal name before it changed.
  • Did you enter a business name or address in the personal info fields?: Make sure to provide us with your legal name and home address.
  • Have you changed your home address in the past 6 months?: Try entering your home address prior to moving.

Please let me know if this doesn't do the trick. 

Kassi
Message 37 of 46

I was using Weebly (a website creator) that uses Square as a type of payment method. When I tried to connect it, it said, "Please enable credit card processing for your location in your Square account". I don't even know what that means, much less how to do it. Can somebody at least tell me what that is?

I'm really struggling here. I've tried to look around the Square dashboard, but I had no luck.

Also, I am kind of new to Square, so that doesn't help me any. I haven't really gotten a chance to use it yet, so I haven't gotten it all set up.

Message 38 of 46
Super Seller

Hi @Abs-doodlebop 

Is everything setup from your dashboard in your Square Account?  Bank account verified, business details etc?

You can check the best answer here in this thread also to verify the steps that maybe you skipped over?

Dan
Scorpion Coating Plus,LLC
Square Super Seller
Check out Square support center for additional help.
Message 39 of 46

By the way, is there some like big dashboard-set-up-checklist or something? Or do you just have to try to set-up everything you can find? And I already knew that I wasn't done setting it up yet, but I want someone to tell me how to get to that.

Message 40 of 46
Alumni

Hi again @Abs-doodlebop - it looks like @Minion pointed you in the right direction!

Have you logged into your Square Dashboard on a computer and clicked the clipboard icon?

You will be walked through all of your next steps if you head there - it will look like this:

Learn more about this process here, and let me know if questions come up.

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community👋

Valentina
Message 41 of 46

Hello, pls can you direct me on how to start accepting credit card payment, all info has been verified, and bank info has been attached but, i couldn't be able to start accepting payment

Message 42 of 46