x

Why are my Terminal receipt settings syncing with my other devices?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: New Square Terminal oddities]

I bought the new Square Terminal and overall love it.  It however has a few things frustrating me.  One,  It intermittently prints a signature line on the CC slip.  Sometimes its there others its not.

Also I am using it in a gift shop but its connected to the same account as our restaurant. Witht he Ipads in the restaurant I can individually change the receipt settings, but when I change it on the Terminal it changes all of them.  Example.  at the Restaurant we have the tip percentages show up on the CC slip.  The only way to keep them there is to have them on the Gift shop receipt.  Kinda odd having a tip line at a gift shop. Ive tried changing the setting at all places.  It follows the Terminal.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Alumni

Hello @Denial,

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

You raised a few interesting observations. Do you have a photo you can provide of the signature line that's appearing on your CC slip?

Also, we definitely hear you on the receipt settings. Currently, this is a known feature that the receipt settings will sync between devices. Our teams are constantly looking through our seller's feedback to make necessary improvements, and we will be sure to let you know if anything ever changes or if new updates are released. 

Please let me know if you have a photo of the signature line by replying in this thread. I'll keep an eye out for your response.

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 6

Here is a pic of 2 receipts.  One with and one without the signature line.  It is random when it doesnt print.   receipt.jpg

Message 3 of 6
Alumni

@Denial,

Thank you for providing those images! Much appreciated. To make sure i'm understanding, both these receipts printed from the same terminal?

Alex_
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 4 of 6

Yes.  Same terminal. The new Square terminal.  I thought at first it happened with uncategorized sales, but discovered that was not the case after a bit.

Message 5 of 6
Alumni

@Denial,

Understood. Have tried troubleshooting the Terminal yet? Turning it on and off, or checking on your software update status?

To update your Square Terminal software, tap the three horizontal lines in the upper left hand corner and select Settings. Scroll to the device section, tap General > About Terminal > Software Update. If you don’t see the option to update your software then you are all set.

On rare occasions, you may need to perform a factory reset. Don’t worry: resetting your device will not erase important account information like items, transaction histories, customer lists, or employee permissions. It will all be there when you sign back in.
Before resetting your Terminal, please have the following information on hand since you’ll need it to log back in afterwards:

• WiFi network name and password.
  • Account login information (email and password) or device code.
  • Location name, if applicable.
  • Accessory settings: printer stations, drawers, and any other accessories. Recommendation is to take a picture of the configuration of each connected accessory.

To reset your Square Terminal:

1. If you have taken any offline transactions, be sure to reconnect to the internet and process them before proceeding. Pending offline payments will be permanently lost and the funds won’t be captured when you reset your device.
  2. In the upper left hand corner, tap the three horizontal lines.
  3. Select Settings.
  4. Scroll to Device and choose General > About Terminal.
  5. Scroll to the bottom of the screen and tap Factory Reset > Confirm Factory Reset.
  6. Tap Reset one last time. From here the countdown will begin and your Terminal will reset.

If this doesn't work, I would recommend reaching out to our Customer Success Team here.

Please let me know if you have any other questions by replying to this thread. 

Alex_
Message 6 of 6