x

Why does a deleted item show up in the invoice preview?

When creating an invoice through the Invoices app, I added two items to the invoice. I deleted one of the items, but when I tapped “Preview and Send”,  the item is showing up on the invoice and its amount is in the total.  What’s the point of deleting an item, if it’s only going to show up on the final invoice anyway? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

That's odd @Selahpiano, if you delete an item from an Invoice it should not appear in the preview or the final invoice. Can you reply here to let me know if you're creating invoices from the Point of Sale or Invoices app, or from your online Square Dashboard? If you're using your Dashboard can you also let me know what browser you're using? 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 6

This happened when I used the invoices app, as I mentioned in my original post.

Message 3 of 6
Admin

Thank you @Selahpiano, I'm very sorry about that! Can you run through the following troubelshooting steps on your Invoices app? If the first step doesn't do the trick, move on to the next one: 

1. Force close and reopen the Invoice app.
  2. Sign out of the app and sign back in.
  3. Turn of your mobile device and turn it back on again.
  4. Check for an update for the Invoices app in the Google Play or App Store.
  5. Delete an reinstall the Invoices app.

The item certainly shouldn't remain on an Invoice when you remove it. If this is still happening after you try the troubleshooting steps, reply here to let me know.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 6

I followed all the steps you mentioned, and the deleted item  disappears from the original screen, which it was doing previously, but the item still shows up in the invoice preview.

Message 5 of 6
Admin

Thanks for updating us @Selahpiano. I'd suggest giving our Support Team a call so they can take a look into your account with you. They'll be able to investigate more than we can here in the Community!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 6 of 6