x

Why is Square withholding my transfers

My business is starting to return post Covid, and when I process a customers credit card with Square it goes through and I send a receipt. Now Square is withholding my transfer for 10 days now. Why? Why accept them if you have no intention of releasing the funds to the merchant who has the misfortune of using your online service. I am out several thousands of dollars in services and bookings and Square is not responding to my pleads to release the funds. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

@YouandITravel There are so many reasons that Square and others like it can delay/hold transfers that it’s hard to know where to start.  For sure, once you know that your funds are being held it is NEVER a good idea to keep taking payments through Square.  I created a backup payment acceptance account through Stripe just in case this ever were to happen to me.  So far, I’ve been lucky never to have had to use it.

Having said that, I don’t know if you have called the customer service number.  But call 1-855-700-6000 to get a live human being on the phone to help you figure out what is going on.  It could be Square detected fraud from a recent transaction.  It could be your bank asked Square to investigate something that concerns them, which Square is required by law to comply with.  It could be a number of other things.  Only Square’s customer success team can help you sort it out.  I always call when I have issues.  I never use email support or online chat.  It’s not just Square — I do that with every one.  If you haven’t already, call Square at that number.

I wish you the best as you get this resolved, hopefully quickly!

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!
Message 2 of 2