x
Beta Member

Why is a customer not receiving emails from Square Marketing?

I have a customer that has stopped receiving emails from Square Marketing. Her customer profile shows that she is still "Subscribed" but she has not received any of my emails in the last month. When I've seen this previously, it has been because the customer unsubscribed without realizing it, but this does not appear to be the case this time. Any idea what is going on or how I can make it so she gets emails again?

In case it matters, her email is GMail.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller

I generally see this happen when a customer marks an email from another business that uses Square as spam. Since marketing emails are sent by Square's servers this usually marks all marketing emails from any business with Square Marketing as spam. 

Has she checked her spam or junk mail folder? I know that's usually the first place many folks check, but I just wanted to make sure. 

If that's not the case, and she has a standard @gmail.com email address (and not custom address that uses Gmail's inbox), then the only other thing that I can think of is to contact Square Support directly to see if they can check if there's any problems with delivery to her specific email address; Square can sometimes get a failed delivery message which causes them to no longer send mail to that address. It's been a couple of years since I asked them to do this, and I'm not sure if they're still able to do it anymore. 

Your customer can check her own email preferences at https://profile.squareup.com. That lets her unsubscribe from certain businesses without sending all marketing emails to spam. 

Message 2 of 6

This has been happening to customers of mine as well, and I'm currently trying to troubleshoot this issue with Square Support. First noticed it at the beginning of the year with one customer, now it's up to six customers. 5 of the 6 have purchased from me before and were receiving my emails but stopped (none of them have unsubscribed). I've literally sat down with several of these customers to look through their spam/junk folders, and nothing. It's four different email providers as well. With 5 of the cases, I merged two duplicate profiles at one point or another (some with the same email address and a few with different email addresses). I haven't gotten very far yet with troubleshooting with Square Support. I'll keep the "failed delivery message" in mind, in case they don't have other suggestions. If they find a solution, I'll report back!

Message 3 of 6

I am having the exact same problem. How do we get square to notice this issue and fix it? I’m going to suspend marketing until they get this figured out.

Message 4 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @MFarmsteads

Firstly, welcome to the Seller Community  I am sorry to hear that you're here because you've run into trouble. We recommend having your customers check their Square Profile to confirm that their email preferences haven't changed in regards to communications from us related to your business.

If you haven't already, your other option is to get in touch with us directly, so that a member of our Marketing team can dig in with you. When you have a moment, please reach out directly by logging into your Square account and heading here.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 6
Beta Member

This is continuing to happen to my customers. Has anyone received an answer or what to do so my customers get my emails?

Message 6 of 6