x

Why is my app not loading?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Unable to register Square app on Motorola G7 phone]

I just installed the Square app on my Motorola G7 android phone but am unable to register.  It just keeps saying "registration in progress."  I've closed the app and restarted and also reinstalled.  There is no cell service in this area so I route my phone through the WiFi.  I have no problem connecting with other apps.

Thanks,

Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Hello @Dsteinmetz,

Welcome to the Seller Community. 

From the sound of things, it's most likely a software issue. Here are some troubleshooting steps that should help resolve your issue with the Square app:

• Make sure that both your mobile device and Square app are up-to-date.
  • Try accessing the app on a different network (wifi vs. cellular)
  • Log out of the app and sign back in. If you’re operating in Offline Mode and have pending offline payments, you won’t be able to sign out of the app. This is to prevent your pending payments from being lost.
  • Turn your mobile device off and then back on.
  • Force quit the app on your device.
  • Be sure to enable the permissions requested when you open the Square app. This access allows the Square app to communicate with your device to complete payments.
  • If you don’t have any pending offline payments, delete and reinstall the app. See Apple’s support site and Google’s support site for instructions on how to do so.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions by replying to this thread. 

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

[The title of this post has been changed from: "i cant download it just says loading with a continous circle, do i need a new squarel" to: "Why is the POS app continuing to spin in a loading circle?"]

I haven't used my square in over 6 months, I decided to test it since im doing a craft show in a few days, I tried opening the app on my iPhone 8 and it seems to say do loading with a continuous circle do i need a new square?

Message 2 of 7
Admin

Hey @linda9!

Welcome to the Seller Community!

It sounds like maybe it just hasn't been updated in a while. I would suggest deleting and reinstalling the app before your craft show, just to make sure it's all ready to go. 

Here are instructions on deleting an app off your phone. Once you've deleted the app, you can go to the app store to download the Square Point of Sale app again. Please reply back in this thread if there's any other questions or issues that come up! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 3 of 7
Alumni

Best Answer

Hello @Dsteinmetz,

Welcome to the Seller Community. 

From the sound of things, it's most likely a software issue. Here are some troubleshooting steps that should help resolve your issue with the Square app:

• Make sure that both your mobile device and Square app are up-to-date.
  • Try accessing the app on a different network (wifi vs. cellular)
  • Log out of the app and sign back in. If you’re operating in Offline Mode and have pending offline payments, you won’t be able to sign out of the app. This is to prevent your pending payments from being lost.
  • Turn your mobile device off and then back on.
  • Force quit the app on your device.
  • Be sure to enable the permissions requested when you open the Square app. This access allows the Square app to communicate with your device to complete payments.
  • If you don’t have any pending offline payments, delete and reinstall the app. See Apple’s support site and Google’s support site for instructions on how to do so.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions by replying to this thread. 

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 4 of 7

square app keeps crashing despite deleting the app & restarting phone

Message 5 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @michaelglliatt - thanks for taking the time to reach out to us here on the Seller Community! We are happy to have you join us here.

So sorry for the trouble you are experiencing with your app - definitely a frustrating experience from what it sounds! I'v gone ahead and merged your post into an existing thread of Sellers who were also experiencing issues with their App. This Best Answer from Alex will walk you through the best troubleshooting to make sure every kink is flattened out. 

Walk through these steps and give us a shout back and let us know if that resolved it for you! We will keep an eye out for your response.

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Message 6 of 7

I have follow all the instructions listed to use the square app on my tablet yet it still crashes and my reader will not connect. 

Message 7 of 7