x
Beta Member

Why is my customer getting an error message during checkout?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Customer getting error message when trying to pay: Email Already Registered. How can I help them?]

Customer getting error message when trying to pay: Email Already Registered. How can I help them?

Message 1 of 88
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Customers Can't Checkout Because Email is already registered

We're sorry to hear about the issues coming up as a result of these error messages. I’ve bubbled this feedback up by sharing this thread with our engineers. We'll be back with an update when we have one to share. Thanks for your patience, all.

1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Sorry to see trouble has brought you to the Seller Community - let's dig in here, @lonelymonk.

Are your customers opting to save their information again, when they've already saved it previously? There is a check box during checkout - if they select this option by clicking to check the box when the've already set up Square Pay, they will see that error.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 61 of 88
87 REPLIES 87

The lastest customer that reported the error to me showed me on their phone what happened and that option didn't come up to them, they had no idea what to do.  Why on earth does that tick box have to be there?  Surely just removing it, would solve all these issues, and then once it has gone you can work on a solution for logins to be remembered that actually works.  In the meantime all the shops that use square online are losing sales as a result of this.

Message 85 of 88

Can't believe we're still dealing with this crap. Complete incompetence. 

Customer Message

Message 86 of 88

I am mortified & frustrated. Just had a shop update & I am tearing out my hair dealing with this now. I read all the threads for all the supposed "fixes" & my customer STILL couldn't order so I had to create an invoice & build the order for them. UNREAL. Where is the OPT OUT seller option!!??

Message 87 of 88

I am so disappointed to read that this issue has been going on so long without any plans for action. We are losing so many sales because users are abandoning them during the checkout process because they are frustrated. We are getting bad reviews and losing revenue because this poorly thought out checkout process. I am beyond frustrated. I have worked multiple tickets with the help desk on it and am told it is working as designed. Very frustrating when you get cryptic error messages that mean nothing to a user who is clicking on a web link and not logging in (in their minds) to complete a simple purchase. We use this solutions because it is supposed to be quick and painless to the users. It was but not longer is. Ugh. 

Message 88 of 88