x

You tried to save an outdated version of this object. Please refresh the page and try again. ???????

I keep getting the above error when I try to edit an item in my dashboard. Anyone know why or how to fix it? Thanks

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Super Seller Alumni

If you are using the Square App make sure you have the most current version.  If you are trying to edit via the Dashboard then try a different browser like Chrome.

Message 2 of 24
Beta Member

Do you have a suggestion how to fix it if neither of those options work?

Message 3 of 24
Square Community Moderator

Hello @KnightWatch

Sorry to hear that none of the solutions above have worked for you. Are you editing an item on your laptop/home computer or mobile device? Can we please get more details?

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 4 of 24
Beta Member

I am editing an item from my deskop PC and in Square Dashboard, not Weebly.

Message 5 of 24

Thank you @KnightWatch, What is the name of the item you can’t edit? Have you tried to update this on the Weebly side? What kind of error are you seeing? 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 6 of 24
Beta Member

It happens with all of my items.  What I am trying to change is not available to change from Weebly.  It is the last thing you see when looking at an item in Square Dashboard:

Online Checkout

Create a payment link or buy button for this item that you can use to sell via email, social media, your website, and more. Learn more

When I slide the bar to "on" and press "save", I receive the following error message:

You tried to save an outdated version of this object. Please refresh the page and try again.
Message 7 of 24

This error sounds like a caching issue. Have you tried clearing your browsing data or trying from a different device @KnightWatch?

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Message 8 of 24
Beta Member

Yes, I have tried both

Message 9 of 24

I was able to replicate this issue @KnightWatch please reach out to our Support Team so they can get this escalated for you. 

Please reach out by phone when you have a moment by logging into your Square account and heading here.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Message 10 of 24

I'm having the same issue.  What was the fix?

Message 11 of 24

Unfortunately, this just seems to be an intermittent glitch. I'm assuming it might be caused by myself having multiple tabs open and using the squareup interface in multiple instances and devices at the same time while updating stock. However, if I come back and try to edit the item later it tends to work without issue. 

Message 12 of 24

Hi! I am having this same issue with all of my products on my website. Any fixes?

Message 13 of 24
Beta Member

No one from Square seemed to know what to do about it, beyond the normal suggestions.

Message 14 of 24

Seems like it is something with their latest update? They need to get it figured out or we can't update any stock!

Message 15 of 24

Thank you both for reaching out, @kukajuice and @KnightWatch

Can you both try refreshing your browser, and trying again from the Square Online dashboard? 

I couldn't find much information about this from the support team archives, but I did notice that they were suggesting sellers reach out directly to the customer support team so that they could work with the reps one on one with you. 

If you continue to experience the issue, please reach out to the team here, and make sure to have a couple of example items ready to have them test.  

Message 16 of 24

Also this new update has made it to where products are no longer showing up on the back end as available or to edit stock?

Message 17 of 24

My particular issue was solved because I had the same item open in the Online item library and the Square Point of Sale Item Library at the same time. As long as I didn't have an extra tab or window open the items updated without issue. 

Message 18 of 24

Thank you for sharing this information with everyone here on this thread! I'm sure that will be helpful for others. 😊

P.s. Welcome to the Seller Community, @sldr4gzus 🎉

Message 19 of 24

This issue is so frustrating. Here’s what worked for me…. I was getting this same message no matter what I tried in the online store, but I was successful and able to update stock from the Square Dashboard which then transferred over to the online store. Hopefully this helps save someone else from the same headache I had!

Message 20 of 24

I just had the same issue. I was able to make a duplicate of the item and then go back and delete the other one. Not the best but it worked.

Message 21 of 24