x

can't add page photos, edit or add items

I'm trying to set up my store and I can't add any photos to the page, I've tried to edit items and I click save, nothing happens, or if I add an item and click save, it wont save it or show up.  I'm getting really sick of this.  Ive spent four hours trying to add photos and items with nothing to show for it. what's wrong?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Square

Hi @rockababyshop, and so sorry to hear about the trouble! It definitely sounds frustrating. To get started, would you mind confirming which internet browser you are using? Have you tried switching browsers or clearing cached files? I know that Google Chrome works quite well with the Square Dashboard. Look forward to hearing back! 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 2 of 12

I'm sure I'll get made fun of for this, but I'm using ie. I don't know much about computers. I use my phone for most things nowadays. I'll try using chrome. 

Message 3 of 12
Square

@rockababyshop - Definitely a good place to start. Let me know if that does the trick!

Sean
he/him/his
Message 4 of 12

Downloaded chrome. Worked great for a few minutes. Went back to add more items and it won't let me. I did get the photos up on the homepage though. 

Message 5 of 12
Square

@rockababyshop - Would you mind giving us a call? I'd love for a supporter to double check a few things with you one on one. 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 6 of 12

I am having the same issue. When I go to the online store I can upload 5 items but anything after that won't upload so I would go back and add items then go back into online store and import from library and I usually get 2 to work then nothing works after that.

I have tried IE, Fire Fox, and Chrome (which is what I always use.)

I have also cleared cookies, signed out then back in, and restarted my computer and now am unable to upload any listings.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Jennifer

Message 7 of 12

I was having problems with my internet. It would say I was connected but then it would drop for half a second and then reconnect. I changed my router and it helped for that day, but that was a couple days ago. I haven't had a chance to try it again. 

Message 8 of 12

Hey @Sean, I am having the same issue.  I was able to add six photos/items, but it will not allow me to add any more items.  I have tried multiple browsers on two different computers, and I am unable to add anything else.  I've cleared my cache, cookies, browsing history, restarted the computer(s), everything. 

Message 9 of 12
Square

@trmcgoldrick - That's no good! I just hopped onto your online store and was able to create an item called test - check it out. Would you mind sharing more details about what was happening when you were creating an item? Did you make sure to add a price and fulfillment option? What internet browser are you using? 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 10 of 12

Was an official solution ever presented.  Reading these from last year, and still having problem in 2017.  I've uploaded my items.  They appear.  I'd like to edit (update) the prices and add photos, but I keep getting an error message that reads Duplicate SKU not allowed.  Can't find solution, or telephone number for support.  Please advise.

Thanks!

Message 11 of 12

The problem I was having was a combination of my

browser/router. I don't have any problems anymore. The app also works ok for adding items, but you can't add descriptions that I know of. 

Message 12 of 12