x

cash drawer reports and dashboard

We use the drawer report function in square.   When I compare the drawer report cash taken in versus the dashboard cash taken in the number frequently do not match.  The dashboard is often more than the drawer report.  No luck from Square on how/why this issue is ocuring. Anyone else have this issue or a fix for it?   Not sure which number to trust (the drawer report or the dashboard) when reviewing cash income.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Admin

Hi @Kmv, thanks for pointing this out and sorry to hear about the confusion. I'm running this by our engineering team for further review, and will get back to you as soon as I uncover any information. Thanks for your patience!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 7
Admin

Hey @Kmv, apologies for the delay. Everything appears to be working as expected.

Can you send us an example of a day where you're seeing the discrepancy between the dashboard and drawer report? This will help us troubleshoot further. Thanks for your help with this information!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 3 of 7

Hi - 

I've already sent the team a few examples  - e-mailing with a guy named Tom, I think - and no luck.  thought I'd try the forum.  Last month there was over a $400 difference between the drawer reports and the dashboard.   I run my business off these reports and can't trust the data...

Kimberly

Message 4 of 7
Square

@Kmv - This does sounds like something we'll need to handle one-on-one. Would you mind following up with Tom via email? He sounds like he's already got the wheels moving on this. If not, please feel free to give us a call. We'd be happy to help out over the phone too! 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 5 of 7

Hi, I'm having the same problem, between Dashboard and the Activity Log in Register.  The Activity Log in Register is accurate, but the Dashboard is showing inflated amounts.  Which is causing major friction between employees and management.  Need to resolve asap!!

info@dancingwings.com

Message 6 of 7
Square Community Moderator

@Durian Sorry to hear this. As mentioned above, reach out to our Support Team and they'll be able to get you taken care of. 

Message 7 of 7