x

deleted site category still showing online

Hello, I'm hoping someone can help me with this one. I updated my site categories last week and deleted two old ones. However...only one of them seems to have actually been deleted online.

The other one is still showing on my website but I can't delete it as it's not there when I edit my website. The other old category I deleted at the same time has gone from the website. Does anyone know where I might be going wrong here?

Thanks

Lauren

Message 1 of 9
Report Inappropriate Content
8 REPLIES 8
Admin

Hi Lauren, welcome to the Seller Community and thanks for flagging this. 

If you go to Square Online overview page > Edit site > Are the categories still visible? 

Also, it would be worth unpublishing and republishing your site. 

To unpublish your Square Online site:

1. In your Square Online Overview page, go to Website > Site Preferences.
  2. Select Unpublish.

Then republish your site from the Square Online site editor.

If this doesn't do the trick can you please send a link to your site here and let me know which category you would like to remove so we can take a closer look, thanks. @Lauren6

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question โœจ
Message 2 of 9

Hi Alegra,

Thank you for your help.

The category that I want to delete isn't still visible when I am editing my website but it is visible when I visit my website.

I have just unpublished and re-published my website and the category I wish to delete is still there.

This is my website, https://www.hellagoodhenna.com/s/shop and I need to delete 'Shampoo bar'

Lauren

Message 3 of 9

Hi, Im having similar issues with my sites..

When i edit the descriptions/prices on Square Online it is working on the 'Edit Page' but when i go to PREVIEW the page hasn't changed - same when i visit the site online.

It has been working great for months its a shame these things can happen all of a sudden ๐Ÿ˜ž

My site is notdough.square.site 

Please advise?

Thx Charlie

Message 4 of 9

Screenshot 2022-09-15 at 12.02.25.pngScreenshot 2022-09-15 at 12.02.33.png

Message 5 of 9
Admin

Hi everyone, thanks for your comments @Lauren6 @CharlieKeet @elliestreasures.

I can confirm we had a brief issue which would have caused the error syncing with some Square Online sites. This issue has now been fully resolved and all of your sites should be syncing correctly. 

Apologies for the inconvenience - please let me know if anyone is still needing assistance. 

Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question โœจ
Message 6 of 9

Interesting to read these two entries. I made an item "hidden" yesterday in order to update photos this morning but have found that returning the item to "visible" has not returned the updated item to the shop page. The item in question was previously selected as a feature on my home page and that's still there, with an old photo, and is still clickable, taking me to the new version of the item, it's just not showing on my shop page.

Elaine

Message 7 of 9

My issue seems to have cleared now, I hope everyone else who has had a problem is also okay now.

Message 8 of 9

Same here! Thank youโ€ฆShame these issues still arise though been a great service the last 6 month with no issuesโ€ฆ

Message 9 of 9