x
Beta Member

help...shipping defaults to cheapest option???

I have various shipping methods and costs.  Just yesterday it automatically seems to default to the cheapest method at payment, even when the customer has selected something else.

Can any one please help

thanks

Message 1 of 4
Report Inappropriate Content
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hi @vaz119, really sorry to hear you are experiencing this! This sound like a known issue that our team are working to resolve right now. I don't have an update just yet but I'll be sure to let you know as soon as we have more information from the team regarding a fix.

If you try deleting the shipping rates and set it up again, does it still default you to the cheapest method? If it does revert, then the best alternative right now is to only have one Shipping rate that would perhaps cover all the orders so you won't lose out. 

Apology for all the inconvenience caused by this! 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

Hi and thanks for the reply..

I have already tried removing and reinstating all shipping options.

The "one shipping rate" isn't really an option, as my cheapest option is local delivery.  I had numerous order to contact this week to pay extra delivery.  Very unprofessional and embarrassing!

At present, I am now unable to take local order as I cannot offer reduced postage for them, so I am missing out on sales.

This will hopefully be rectified today.

Mhairi

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Thanks for letting me know Mhairi and I'm sorry that the workaround suggested didn't help. The team are working on a fix right now and I'll be sure to let you know immediately once it has been resolved. 

Something else may help in this case: if you are offering local delivery, you can potentially setup local delivery as another fulfilment option. That way, you can still process local order while our team work to resolve the issue with the shipping rates. 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 4 of 4