x

how to get the secure site once youve added your own domain?

iv just had my own domain added to my website, any ideas why it comes up not secure???

www.munchhucknall.com

Message 1 of 9
Report Inappropriate Content
8 REPLIES 8
Admin

Hi @MatthewJames, thanks for reaching out! 

When you transferred or linked a custom domain to your website, it can take up to 48 hours for the domain to propagated properly and the site to come up as secure.

If it has been more than 48 hours since you've made the change, let me know and I can double-check on my end to make sure everything is as it should be.

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 9

Thank you I will let you know, could this also be why it will not accept payments? 

Message 3 of 9

not sure if you saw my last reply, since the domain was added its stopped accepting payment on mobile, but i have just checked on my pc and it has let me submit an order? any ideas?

Message 4 of 9
Admin

When a site isn't fully secured, it will displays the message that the store isn't accepting payment yet. At the moment, the system are still working to complete the transfers so there might be times where the site appears to be functioning fully, but I recommend giving it the full 48 hours wait @MatthewJames to be sure. 

Tra
Message 5 of 9

Thank you 😊 

Message 6 of 9
Admin

Hey @MatthewJames, I've checked the site today and it looks like it still isn't secured so I just want to have a further look into the setup. Can you let me know when you made the initial domain change so I have a rough timeline?

Tra
Message 7 of 9

@tranguyen iv jut noticed this my self, 

it was done around 7pm on Monday evening

Message 8 of 9
Admin

Thanks for letting me know @MatthewJames! I've had a further look and it appears that one of the A record on your domain hasn't been updated. For the site to be fully secured, you'd need to make sure that both A records are pointed to the Square Online site domain (199.34.228.164).

Please follow these steps to setup your domain. 

Tra
Message 9 of 9