x

i get this error - help

This ID has already been used. Please enter a different ID.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Super Seller

Message 2 of 15

I have the same error creating invoices.

Message 3 of 15

Can't do anything.

Message 4 of 15

I get the same error on occasion in the middle of doing invoices.  What ID is it referring to?  I am completely halted from creating invoices at the moment.  Tried restarting, logging out/in again, waiting an hour or so, still stuck.  This seems like a bug.

Message 5 of 15

Each invoice needs a unique number. Perhaps the number is getting duplicated somehow? 

Message 6 of 15

I have been having the exact same issue and sent to support has anyone heard back regarding this?  It's with multiple clients and I also have heard that two clients that use square are having the same problem too?  Thanks

Message 7 of 15
Square Community Moderator

@westlevypr See @dakotaharvest response above, as that is correct. 

You'll need to make sure you don't have any previously sent invoices or drafts that have the same Invoice ID as the current invoice that you're trying to send. 

See the image below, as the red box indicates where the Invoice ID is located:

Message 8 of 15

I got the same error- the invoice number was 000346, I changed it to 000347 and it worked. I do a search for 000346 and nothing pops up, no invoice. So it must be a glitch in their system.

But I too was halted from sending invoices. Just all of a sudden, it gave me that error message. This seems to fix it, until they do at least.

Message 9 of 15
Square

@pinecrestmktg - Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. After taking a look at your account, I wasn't able to replicate the issue (in fact I found an invoice ID with 000346). Are you certain that your filter is turned on for all invoice statuses (including overdue)? Here's a screenshot of those settings:

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 10 of 15

Yes, they were all checked.

Message 11 of 15
Square

@pinecrestmktg - Weird. Want to check again? I just spotted the 000346 invoice. 🙂

Sean
he/him/his
Message 12 of 15

There has to be a glitch. I just set up an invoice for a customer, Gina. I have her in the system.

(1) I tried to send an invoice from my computer, got the error message that the ID was taken again (000357). But it went through- it popped up on my email as sent.

(2) I tried it again with the next invoice ID 000358, like I had done previously, but got the same error message. All boxes are checked when I search for them.

Square was temporarily unavailable too, just now. When I tried to go to the customer directory. Also won't work on my phone at the moment.

Screen Shot 2016-12-05 at 1.39.46 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-12-05 at 1.39.58 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-12-05 at 1.40.09 PM.png

Message 13 of 15

I do realize I have November selected for the month. They pop up when I select December, but they did not earlier. I've been sending invoices the same way for a long time. Doing nothing different.

Also wouldn't explain why I get the error message, but they go through. I'm perplexed.

Message 14 of 15
Square

@pinecrestmktg - Appreciate the follow up. The timeframe you have selected in the date selector will filter your results accordingly. If November is selected, December invoices wont' appear. Please try click and expanding that range. You can even make it "This Year" if you'd like. 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 15 of 15