x
Highlighted

i get this error - help

This ID has already been used. Please enter a different ID.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Super Seller

Re: i get this error - help

When do you get the error?  Are you trying to sign up for an account?

Message 2 of 15
Highlighted

I have the same error creating invoices.

Message 3 of 15
Highlighted

Can't do anything.

Message 4 of 15
Highlighted

I get the same error on occasion in the middle of doing invoices.  What ID is it referring to?  I am completely halted from creating invoices at the moment.  Tried restarting, logging out/in again, waiting an hour or so, still stuck.  This seems like a bug.

Message 5 of 15
Highlighted

Each invoice needs a unique number. Perhaps the number is getting duplicated somehow? 

Message 6 of 15
Highlighted

I have been having the exact same issue and sent to support has anyone heard back regarding this?  It's with multiple clients and I also have heard that two clients that use square are having the same problem too?  Thanks

Message 7 of 15
Highlighted
Admin

@westlevypr See @dakotaharvest response above, as that is correct. 

You'll need to make sure you don't have any previously sent invoices or drafts that have the same Invoice ID as the current invoice that you're trying to send. 

See the image below, as the red box indicates where the Invoice ID is located:

Message 8 of 15
Highlighted

I got the same error- the invoice number was 000346, I changed it to 000347 and it worked. I do a search for 000346 and nothing pops up, no invoice. So it must be a glitch in their system.

But I too was halted from sending invoices. Just all of a sudden, it gave me that error message. This seems to fix it, until they do at least.

Message 9 of 15
Highlighted
Square

@pinecrestmktg - Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. After taking a look at your account, I wasn't able to replicate the issue (in fact I found an invoice ID with 000346). Are you certain that your filter is turned on for all invoice statuses (including overdue)? Here's a screenshot of those settings:

Message 10 of 15