x
Highlighted
Admin

Re: Is anyone else having problems downloading app from apple App Store?

Hi @Madjak

I moved your post to this existing thread around this issue.

We're still working with Apple on a fix for this and we're hoping to hear back on a new update soon.

In the meantime - you can use another device that isn't an iPhone XR/11 or you can take payments using the Virtual Terminal on your Dashboard online. This can be done by phone or computer. 

Because the Square Invoices app is not affected, you also have the option to use Invoices to take an in-person payment. To go this route - create your invoice, open the invoice, select Add Payment, and choose the Charge Now option. The processing fee applied when taking payments this way will be the same as what you pay when using the Square Point of Sale app to take a payment, so long as you are using your reader and not manually entering the payment information.

Message 31 of 60
Highlighted

I had a problem downloading the recent software update. I deleted the app & am unable to download it

I cannot download the Square app. Had a problem with the recent software update so I deleted the Square app to retry. Now I cannot download the app. It starts to download & then gets hung up.

Message 32 of 60

I’m new to square. I can’t get the app to download onto my IPhone XR.

Help the app keeps timing out on me.  I have an iPhone XR.  The app is grayed out and I go to run the app and it starts running and then a quarter through trusts stop.

Message 33 of 60
Highlighted

Re: I’m new to square. I can’t get the app to download onto my IPhone XR.

I’m having the exact same problem

Message 34 of 60
Highlighted

Re: I’m new to square. I can’t get the app to download onto my IPhone XR.

Same problem. I've been talking to them for two days. It's a problem that just came up, and they said they are working with Apple to figure out the problem and fix. personally, I think it has something to do with the XR and above like the 11, and the latest Apple update that happened only a couple of days. You'll notice that, that is when the problem started.

Message 35 of 60
Highlighted

I’m trying to reinstall the square app on my iOS phone

Been trying to update / reinstall square app and it keeps failing for last 3 days so want to report a site app problem. I e rebooted phone several a times running iPhone XR v13.3

Message 36 of 60
Highlighted

Re: I’m trying to reinstall the square app on my iOS phone

Everyone, I don't work for square and have put all i know in the thread. I suggest you contact Square support for any further help.  All i know is they are working on the issue with Apple and it should be fixed soon....hopefully

Message 37 of 60
Highlighted

Re: iOS: Unable to download the Point of Sale app on my iPhone

@Jnharbour wrote:

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Square app won’t load

Square app will not load— I’ve taken it off restarted my iPhone— it only loads 1/4 of the way then shuts down

Likewise, we are unable to download the Square app to iphone xr .  Would greatly appreciate an update when this issue is fixed. 

Message 38 of 60
Highlighted
Admin

You posted in the right, thread @jkeiper9! As soon as we've confirmed that the iPhone 11 and XR are able to successfully download the Point of Sale app, we'll be sure to post an update here - you should receive an email notification as long as you're subscribed to this thread.

Thank you for your patience, and please take a look at @ashc's post for workarounds in the meantime.

Message 39 of 60
Highlighted
Admin

Thanks for being patient as we are continuing to work towards a resolution with Apple, @rozvashon and @trixiedust. Please be sure to take a look at the different workarounds we've provided by taking a peek at @ashc's Best Answer.

If you aren't quite sure which of these workarounds will work best for your business, our Customer Success team is available to help you make a decision.

Message 40 of 60