x

iPad App crashes when searching items

My iPad auto-updated the Square Retail POS app last night. Today I can't search for an item. I go to search, type in a few letters and the app crashes. My second iPad is still working fine on search. 

While I'm posting, I also have an oddity. One of my two iPads won't read a barcode of an item in my inventory and won't find it during search. But my other iPad (the one that is now crashing during search) scans the barcode fine and -- before last night -- found the item with search, too

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @purplebutterfly 👋 Thanks for reaching out and flagging this over to us - so sorry for the trouble here!

This sounds strange, indeed. Would you mind walking through these specific troubleshooting steps? This will insure that both the Retail POS app, as well as your iPad itself, are both up to date running the most current software.

Let us know if this gets you where you need to be! We will keep an eye out for your response.

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5

This seems to have been fixed on your end. 

Message 3 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Glad you got this one solved, @purplebutterfly! Thanks for bouncing back and letting me know. 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 5

The post I commented on yesterday seems to be gone so I'm starting a new thread. Any ETA on fixing the seriously flawed javascript in the search box in Item Library in Square Online / Weebly. 

I know you know how to do it right, because it works fine in main Square. But for the past several days the javascript in the search window is making it almost unusable. You type a few letters and it begins a search on those letters (fine, I guess, but really a cutesy engineering feature that's trying to simulate how Google works for no added value). That would be OK if the javascript didn't jerk the cursor out of the search box and every character you type after that point disappears into the ether. You wait until the javascript finishes building a search result list that is not close to what you are looking for, then you try to make sure you re-insert the cursor into the search window and furiously type a few more letters before the javascript makes any further effort to type futile and produces another incomplete search result. Repeat the process again after re-inserting the cursor into the search box. Furiously type a few more characters as quickly as possible before ... you guessed it, the seriously flawed javascript screws you again.

Message 5 of 5