x

iPad charging issue and stripped locking screw

My iPad is not charging in the Square stand.  I went to take it out but the locking screw just turns and turns but does not come out.  Now my iPad battery is dead and I cannot charge it. What is my next step?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Square

Hey! So sorry to hear about your Square Stand! Have you already had a chance to check out our Support Center article on this topic yet?:

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5112-square-stand-troubleshooting

If that doesn't do the trick, just reach out to our Support Team directly. They can definitely work with you on this. 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 2 of 13

@Sean how do you contact support team. I have tried calling and customer service will not help with my issues. I have problems getting my Ipad 3 to connect to 2 of my stands. It is recognized by my iPad but not my app. I believe it may be an iOS issue with 9.3.1. Can you please help. Email is [personal information redacted].

Message 3 of 13
Alumni

@FogataMexicana - Hi again! Following up here as well. Your issue is related to iOS 9.3.1, and Tom explained what's going on in detail over on this thread on Saturday. So sorry that you had so much trouble getting help from our support team!

Message 4 of 13

How did u resolve the problem?  There is no useful information  specifically pertaining to this problem in the troubleshooting section.  I have never been able to connet with a tech person at square for assistance.  Very frustrating.

Message 5 of 13
Square

@Emorse We'd love to get you on the phone! Check out Sean's answer at the top of this thread and give us a call! 

Message 6 of 13

I called and we are resolving.

Ty

Message 7 of 13

I still have NEVER received a response as to how I can get the iPad out of the stand since the locking screw is stripped and just turns and turns but never comes out.  I had a real problem when the iPad died because my charger was bad.  I was able to get a small screwdriver between the stand and the iPad enough to press the on button but that doesn't help me if I need to replace the iPad.  How do I get the set screw out?  Any help from anyone?

Message 8 of 13
Square Community Moderator

@livingwaters I'm sorry to hear this has happened. We'll need to get you in contact with our Support Team directly so that they can guide you through the steps to get this resolved. 

Reach out to them from our Contact Us page and they'll be able to get you taken care of. 

Message 9 of 13

Did they ever respond to your issue? Im having the same issue

Message 10 of 13
Admin

Hey @Incredibowl, sorry to hear that this happened with your iPad as well. If you haven't already, please contact our Support Team and let them know — they'll get back to you with next steps ASAP.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 11 of 13

So support was awesome.  Sent me a loaner stand and I pad while I sent mine to square for repair.

Message 12 of 13
Admin

Thanks for circling back on this, @Emorse! Glad to hear everything worked out! Let us know if anything else comes up. 😀

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 13 of 13