x

iPad cycling on off home screen while in Square Stand

Since I have upgraded my Ipad to IOS 12, the screen and beep keeping apearing from the sleep mode ubout every few minutes and  shows the 100% battery icon then shuts down and show the home screen come on then goes off. The Ipad is in a stand with a card reader.  Cycling is annoying.

Message 1 of 19
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

The issue on my Ipad was solved by removing the plug on the bottom of the stand and reseating it.  Square Help desk told me what to do and solved the problem.

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Admin

@jjsjjones I'm sorry for the frustration, that does sound annoying. We haven't heard other reports of this issue, but it shouldn't be happening.

If you haven't already, I suggest going through the troubleshooting steps listed in this Support Center article: iPad + Stand connection issues.

But if the iPad keeps shutting down, please call our Customer Success team during the week so we can investigate further. Phone support is available from 6am to 6pm PT Monday through Friday. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 19

Having exactly same issue. This is SOOOO enoying!

Nothing I do seems to stop it. Please find a fix for this!!

Message 3 of 19
Super Seller

@jjsjjones@collinssafety, can you explain a bit more about what is happening?  does the iPad power cycle if you take it out and plug it in to charge?  

Message 4 of 19

Best Answer

The issue on my Ipad was solved by removing the plug on the bottom of the stand and reseating it.  Square Help desk told me what to do and solved the problem.

Message 5 of 19
Admin

Glad to hear it @jjsjjones and thanks for posting again to share this step! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 6 of 19

Just saw this thread.  To answer your question the ipad stays on with the battery when I remove it but the cycling  stopped.  Again I have had no issues since removing and reseating the bottom plug.  Yea!!

Message 7 of 19

No if I use the charger outside the stand it is fine.

Message 8 of 19
Admin

I'm really sorry that you're experiencing the same issue @collinssafety.

So that our engineers can investigate this it would be great if you could call our customer success team when you get a chance.

Keep in mind phone support is only available until 2pm PT today (Tuesday), and available from 6am to 6pm PT Wednedsay through Friday.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 9 of 19

My Ipad stays on, but the screen blinks to life / flashes and there is a tone indicating that the battery is full / 100%.

I've reseated everything and it is still blinking and making that tone.

This is only happening when the screen is locked/off (but obviously the ipad is still on).

Message 10 of 19

Mine is STILL doing the same!

Tried every suggestion provided but nothing works. This is a real pain. I hope they find a fix soon. 

Message 11 of 19

I'm sad to say this may be a problem to bring up with Apple. This isn't a problem with Square's software, but with how the Ipad handles a battery getting full.

Message 12 of 19

My unit also started again after I reseated the plug and it went away for a few weeks  I finally used alittle electronic spray cleaner in the plug which has seemed to have solved the issue permenatly.  I did not use but just a little spray and blew both plugs off with canned air for computers. 

Message 13 of 19

Hello, my started up again days later and I ended up using some electronic cleaner (very small amount) and some computer canned air and reseated the plug.  So far no new issues with the cycling.  

Message 14 of 19

I made a thread in an ipad forum. We shall see if this helps!

http://www.ipadforums.net/threads/battery-full-100-screen-blinks-flashes.133487/

Message 15 of 19

I have the same problem, I replaced the whole power supply/stand and the problem is gone for over a month then it come back again, before that I had the ipad replaced to make sure it's not the ipad problem. Look likes Square stand power supply is the problem. So flustrated. 

Message 16 of 19

I am still having issues and have found that when I move the stand for people to sign is when it starts again.  I uplug the bottom and clean the connector with a small squirt of electronic cleaner it then it goes away for six weeks or so until it starts again.

Message 17 of 19
Admin

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear you're both still experiencing this issue @tinhmuonkiep @jjsjjones. When you have a chance, please run through these Point of Sale app troubleshooting steps. I'd make sure that your iPad iOS is up to date, and that you have downloaded the most recent version of the Point of Sale app too. 

If this continues please call our CS team to report this issue — they'll be able to escalate this to the Engineer team to investigate further.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 18 of 19

As of the last update (both IOS and Square for Retail), I am no longer experiencing this issue!

Message 19 of 19