x

iPads Unable to Connect to Square

Everything was working fine yesterday and today, our busiest day of the week, our printers, card readers, and ipads aren't connecting with Square? Any ideas what to do? Was there an upgrade over night again?

The title of this post has been edited from the original: "Upgrade? Our Ipads and printers aren't working with square today"

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

I know iOS 15 originally wasn't recommended to Square Users... Idk if that's been fixed but could be a part of the issue, what version of iOS are your devices currently running and which model of iPad are you using - this should help the Square team and Super Sellers to identify whether there is a noticeable issue with that particular hardware/software mix - also would be useful to know what printer you use to check compatibility with the latest Square hardware/software set-ups or the possibility of a global issue with the particular setup you're using!

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 2 of 4
Alumni

Oh no @Coffee411! ️ 
Let's see what we can look at together to get things back up and running.

If you haven't run through any app + device troubleshooting yet, we recommend starting here.

Once your iPads are connected, take a look at this page to troubleshoot your Square Readers.

Lastly, these printer troubleshooting steps should help get your printers re-connected.

Please let us know if you continue to run into trouble!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 4
Super Seller

Sometimes on my busy days I have problems connecting to Square and my readers go offline because of this.  I actually found out it was my internet service going down or degraded because of so much use in my area. The WIFI shows connected but the internet is down so nothing seems to work.  I have a tablet near the checkout that I use when my internet is down.  I just turn the Hotspot on the Tablet, tell my Stands to connect to the tablets Hotspot and I am back up and running.  

Just wondering if it was your internet and not Square related?

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 4 of 4