x

Point of Sale - Multiple printer stations sending print signals to same printer?

Hi

I am facing a new issue that never was a problem since today. I am not sure if its because of new updates made to Square app on 6th july.

I have 2 bluetooth printers that I configured with different printer stations. Every time I save a order, an orderstubs would be printed at both the printer stations. Wierdly, starting today, both the order stubs are being printed only at one single printer.

Upon multiple on/off trials, what I noticed is that which ever printer is being turned on the latest is where all the requests are being printed. I am not sure what Square app is checking when printing.

Any help is appreciated. This is causing mess and is seriously impacting and creating confusions at my business place.

Both my bluetooth printers are Start Micronics 220i.

When trying to create Printer Station, the below options are shown:

Bluetooth printer 1 (Star Micronics 220i)

Bluetooth printer 2 (Star Micronics 220i)

I am guessing that Square is taking the name of printer from brackets which is "Start Micronics 220i" and not Bluetooth printer 1/2. This might be the reason as to why both the order stubs are being created at same printer (which is last connected in network.)

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

I tried contacting Square support and upon troubleshooting they directed me to Start Micronics (the printer) Support that I was using.

If you are using Star Micronics printers, then download the "Star Utility Settings" app. This app will allow you to change your bluetooth name and pin.

The Star Support team told that the app might be confused since both of my printers have same name. Once I changed the printer names, I have unpaired both my printers and reconnected them from beginning. I also deleted my existing printer stations and recreated.

Now everything works 🙂

Hope this works for you too!!!

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

This exact problem happened to us yesterday as well! Sadly I haven't discovered a solution yet. Have you?

Message 2 of 4

Best Answer

I tried contacting Square support and upon troubleshooting they directed me to Start Micronics (the printer) Support that I was using.

If you are using Star Micronics printers, then download the "Star Utility Settings" app. This app will allow you to change your bluetooth name and pin.

The Star Support team told that the app might be confused since both of my printers have same name. Once I changed the printer names, I have unpaired both my printers and reconnected them from beginning. I also deleted my existing printer stations and recreated.

Now everything works 🙂

Hope this works for you too!!!

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Hey @dkatepalli and @Biderman thanks for flagging this — I'm so glad to hear that you were able to get it sorted out! 🎯

Appreciate your patience in working through this and for circling back here with the result. If anything else comes up, please don't hesitate to let us know. 😎

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 4 of 4