x

"Cash Sales" on Cash Drawer management report do not match actual, Dashboard "cash sales" report ??

Is this a bug in the system? 

Please help!  Because of this problem, the drawer is always off.  Seems random. 

Mike

Message 1 of 38
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

If you're noticing something off in regards to your cash drawer management, our team can take a look at your account alongside you in order to pinpoint what's going on here. They can take a look at your account with you to help a shine light here, while we don't have the same access to account-specifics through the Community.

Please reach out by phone (or email) by logging into your Square account and heading here

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 27 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
Square Community Moderator

Hi there. 

Sorry to hear about the trouble.

While we can’t address your account specific issues here in the community, as it’s a public forum, our Support Team should be able to walk through the report with you if the discrepancy is still happening. 

Reach out to them directly and they'll get you taken care of. 

Message 2 of 38

Did they ever tell you how to fix this as I am having the same issue?

Message 3 of 38

I'm also having the same problem did anyone figure it out?

Message 4 of 38

No one figured it out.  There was some confusion with multiple devices on the same account, at the same retail location, but with only one cash drawer.  I orgianlly thought that was the problem...but it seems that random cash transactions just dont post to the Cash drawer managemet system.  It's got to be a bug. 

Message 5 of 38
Admin

Hi @frictionjewelry, thanks for circling back and I'm sorry to hear that you're still encountering trouble with this.

Is there any chance that one of your devices is a smartphone? If so, I wanted to point out that cash drawer management isn’t available on smartphones at this time. We are aware that this can cause confusion for reporting — our Product Liaison team is tracking this issue and we'll be sure to announce any improvements.

I want to make sure we have a closer look at these missing cash transactions. If you have any specific cash payments that aren't showing up, please send related the amount, date/time, and the device used to our Support Team directly — we'll then be able to escalate this for further review. Any additional information on a specific discrepancy you're seeing will help us report this to the appropriate team. Thanks for your help with this.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 6 of 38

We have been having the same issue I beleive.  The drawer report shows that there is $250, the sales report shows $300.  MIne always seems to be off where the sales report is showing more sales than the drawer report.  I called the customer service line and they could not address the issue.  This year I called again and they asked me to have the sales agents keep a log of all cash transactions, very difficult when the store gets busy.   I have identified transactions that do not exist on the log that was kept on the slower days.

Message 7 of 38

Found the answer (see below).

Thanks for the question. Having the same problem, and trouble shooting a drawer that has been open for a little over 1 year (yeah, just let that go). 
The drawer sales and the dashboard cash sales are off by $153.40.

With report sales being $153.40 GREATER than the drawer sales

In one year of data there are 4 transactions different than all the others:

3 sales done with a different device name than the device the drawer was opened on, totaling $171.40

• Indicating the drawer sales report did not include the sales done by another device.
  • The dashboard cash sales report does include these sales from another device.

and

1 cash refund totaling ($18.00). Note: This was a partial refund of a cash transaction. Credit card refunds do not seem to be relevant to this problem.

• Indicating the drawer sales report did not include the Cash refund even though this refund was done on the device that has the "drawer", and the original transaction that was refunded was also done on the device with the "drawer".
  • The dashboard cash sales report does include the cash refunds.  

That is it. A combination of a bug with cash refunds, and 2 devices not able to share a cash drawer. 
Hopefully this will help the Square team fix this, if it has not been addressed already. Definitely frustrating until you have the right combo of data to pull from for diagnostics. 

Message 8 of 38

We're currently experiencing this issue where the drawer report doesn't match the sales summary report for cash sales. We use two devices, the Square stand with ipad controls the drawer. Then we have a Samsung tablet. It's happened twice this week. All with cash sales. Advice on fixing??

Message 9 of 38

We have had this problem as well. We changed our way or taking cash sales to only use the one device attached to the cash drawer. It has helped our end of day report get closer to the real thing. If someone is wanting to split cash/credit in a tablet we seem to be off the drawer by the amount of the cash sale. Hope that helps. 

Message 10 of 38

We have the same problem. We don't have a lot of employees, & the drawer is well managed, so I'm pretty sure it's a problem with the system. It seems like my online Sales Report is most accurate. I'm tempted to never use the Cash Drawer Report~ it seems to make more chaos trying to figure out what went wrong, when that Sales Report online is very close or correct!

Does Square have any suggestions? 

Message 11 of 38
Admin

Hi @RoastyRooster! I'm really sorry to hear your Cash Drawer Report isn't accurate. Can you go ahead and call our CS team to report this? I can't check your account activity or sales reports from the Community but if you give us a call a team member can check everything for you, and open a ticket with our engineering team if necessary.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 12 of 38

In our example, the drawer report matched actual cash, the sales report was lower. I've also sent a message to Square support directly. Sounds like this is not an uncommon problem. We have a single iPad at each location connected via Square stand to the cash drawer and printer.

Message 13 of 38

Use only one device to accept cash sales — square doesn’t make the drawers so the cash drawer can only communicate with one square device. Also. After every cash transaction be sure to hit “new sale”. If this doesn’t happen the square contact to the cash drawer will time out. If that happens the square reported cash sales will not match the drawers reported cash sales. Hope that helps. It took me way too long to figure out!

Message 14 of 38

Oh my god Ive been pulling my hair out over this issue for 8 months... why has this not been fixed? My drawer last weekend alone was in the negative over $650 dollars!

I've paid plenty off fees for this app and this random guy tells you the fix 6 months ago and yet you probably want to sell me on your paid restaurant POS rather than fix the problem with this one!

If this program cant track money what good is it? Is that not its sole purpose? So dissapointed 😕

Message 15 of 38
Alumni

Hi @Boondocks - Have you tried giving our CS team a call to sort this out like Helen suggested? We can't look into account specifics in the community, but if you give one of our team a call, they should be able to help you get this sorted.

Message 16 of 38

This is my issue too!  I’m the only one that handles the actual cash, but the transactions are handled on a Square Register stand with iPad that has the drawer attached, and on an iPhone too.  It appears the iPhone transactions of cash are not included in the Cash Drawer report but is on Cash Sales Report. UGH! Sooo many errors I have to go back and correct in my accounting. 

Message 17 of 38

Hi @mobilecafe

While I can't dive into account specifics, Cash Drawer Management and the Cash Drawer Reports are handled on a Per-Device basis. 

You'll want to enable Cash Drawer Management for each device if you want to track the Cash in and Cash out. 

You can then view each devices specific report from your Dashboard in the Cash Drawers section of your Sales Reports. 

Message 18 of 38

How do you enable cash drawer management on iPhone? 

Message 19 of 38

@mobilecafe Sorry for my confusion here. @frictionjewelry This feature is only available on an iPad or Tablet. 

Message 20 of 38

Why is it not available on iPhone ? The phone is much more handy vs tablet it a lot of retail situations. Apple uses them in their stores, Nordstroms. Etc 

Message 21 of 38