x

"No Internet Connection" Message, but WiFi is on?

All afternoon my stand was "offline" as I was getting a "no internet connection" on the app, even thought Safari and everything else worked fine on my ipad with my WIFI clearly on.  Ended up processing payments offline... but don't understand why there was no connection....?

Message 1 of 32
2 Best Answers
Admin

Best Answer

Hello @SBBF, sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue as well.

Have you had a chance to run through these Point of Sale app troubleshooting steps?

If you can't regain a connection, please call our Customer Success team so we can dig in with you.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 6 of 32
Beta Member

Best Answer

Update:  I bit the bullet and installed internet instead of using a jet pack.  Since then I have had no connection issues.  I think the cell service/jet pack just wasn’t right in this location for square to work properly.  

Frustrated I’m paying more for internet, but thankful the headaches of not being able to process transactions is resolved.  

View Best Answer >

Message 15 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
Admin

Hey @goodseller and @CoffeeMark.

I wonder if this is a reaction to our most recent update. 

Would you mind giving us a call so we can get more information on what's going on, and take a look on the backend? 

Our number is (855) 700-6000 - but you'll also need your customer code.  The steps to look up your code are here. If they are able to resolve it, please feel free to post back in here for other sellers to view. Again, so sorry about this. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 22 of 32

Yes square,

Is there an update to this? We have been fighting with this on both tablets and now a brand new terminal, which sucks since we cannot plug an ethernet cable into this.

Message 23 of 32

i have exatctly the same problem with square register since 2 month is more and more lost wifi , i check all my connection , my admin modem the signal of the square is really low , all the other device is green , after 2 years at $999 it s a shame that s doesnt work correctly , i try everything , reboot ,reset , add mac adress white list ... but same problem

Message 24 of 32
Square Community Moderator

I am sorry to hear about your experience @patoche29.

Have you reached out to our Hardware team yet in regards to this issue? If not I would recommend reaching out to them so we can diagnose what is going on with your Square Register. When you have a moment, please reach out directly by logging into your Square account and heading here

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 25 of 32

All was well until I upgraded to samsung s20 ultra.  Now I get the dreaded "no internet connection" whenever I am on wi-fi.  the only way I can process is to disable wi-fi and then it uses my cell service.  I hope there is a solution.

Message 26 of 32

Hey @kornylak,

According to our Compatibility page- it looks like that device in particular isn't listed which would mean it's not tested/compatible.

Sometimes it can work but there's no guarantee it'll work consistently if it hasn't been tested.

I'd recommend going to the page and seeing what devices you can use/that are compatible with it.

Ashley C
Message 27 of 32

My system is saying connect to internet 2 to 3 times daily.  Its the reader, printer and drawer that seem to not work.  Takes 2 reboots of the iPad and sometimes works.  3 weeks now and I have about had it. (only had the system 2 1/2 years)

Message 28 of 32

Hello @YOLC,

We see its your first time posting in the Seller Community, welcome! 😊

Have you tried reaching out to your internet service provider? The disruption in connectivity is typically not an indication there is something wrong with your devices. 

On that note, are you running the latest version of iOS software on your ipads? How about the app itself?

Current version of the latest ipad iOS is 15.0.1. The latest version of the Square app is 5.74. 

I look forward to reading your reply and thoughts. 

Frida
Message 29 of 32
Beta Member

You seem to have more problems My cellar seem to have wifi when I didn't have wifi to square useded work. Now it wont work?

Message 30 of 32
Admin

Hi @dlmspecialties thanks for your post. 

I'm not sure I fully understand your question. Are you having trouble connecting your phone and Point of Sale app to WiFi? If you don't have WiFi you can use mobile data, but the Square app will need one of those in order to function. 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question
Message 31 of 32

I had the same problem with the No WiFi internet connection message while trying to log on. When internet was working. My son thought that Square must have updated and my tablets were no longer supporting it and convinced me to buy new tablets. Also we ordered a new modem since ours was old. New tablets were better but occasionally still got the message and had to power off and log back on. It is very frustrating. We only have a seasonal business during Christmas season. So having customers upset a lot of the time because of complications is very stressful. But at least with new equipment it helped.

Message 32 of 32