x

"Unable to load image" error: Item images aren't loading on my Android device

I'm not too sure what is causing this error, but I think it may have something to do with the tablet I am using. Everything works great except when I try to add a picture to an item. It always gives me a "unable to load image" message. I've had to use my phone to add items (nexus 5) then simple use the tablet for transactions.

I tried adding a SD card but that didn't work. I also noticed that if I take a black picture (covering the camera), it allows me to add it. But as soon as the image is complex, it doesn't load. 

Tablet: Advan T3H

Display: 10.1" (1080x800) IPS
Wi-Fi: 802.11 b/g/n
Battery: 5500 mAh
RAM: 1 GB
Internal Memory : 8 GB
Processor Smartphone: Quad Core 1.3 GHz
Cameras: Rear 3MP, Front 2MP

Cheers,
Matt
Message 1 of 26
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: When adding an image to an item, I get an error: "Unable to load image"

@Stevereno30 Glad that work around worked for you! Clever idea! 

@Breezers_Boutiq @okkybakery If you are having trouble on your mobile devices, I would recommend trying this out on a computer using an web browser like google chrome or safari. Also, double check that the image in either PNG or JPEG files. 

(Pro-tip: Ideal photo dimensions should be square (same width and height) and 720 × 720 pixels.) 🙂

1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

@kwahamot Sorry to hear this! You might need to update the software on your Android device and make sure your tablets are compatible with Square.

If your tablets are up to date and compatible try these troubleshooting steps for the Point of Sale app.

And the images still aren't loading do call our CS team who can escalate this to our engineering team to investigate.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 22 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Admin

Best Answer

@kwahamot Sorry to hear this! You might need to update the software on your Android device and make sure your tablets are compatible with Square.

If your tablets are up to date and compatible try these troubleshooting steps for the Point of Sale app.

And the images still aren't loading do call our CS team who can escalate this to our engineering team to investigate.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 22 of 26

Don’t have an Android Helen. I have a brand new iPhone. We’re taking tour .com app. 

Message 23 of 26

I am trying to add a photo to an item using my android phone (Revvl 4) and the mobile app.  After I take the picture and select the check mark in the lower right corner I get an error message "Unable to Load Image" (which is enclosed in a triangle with an exclamation point).  

This also happens if I choose a picture from this phone's photo gallery:  "Unable to Load Image".

I have another android phone, and iPad that both work fine with respect to giving items a photo label.  I do have an iPhone that works most of the time....sometimes the item picture shows up on the iPhone item, but doesn't populate to the other the devices (the cloud, I guess).

Help

Message 24 of 26
Square Community Moderator

Hey! I've merged this post to an existing thread where you will have a few ideas and troubleshooting steps to help get you going. If those all still fail, I would try uploading the images on the Square Dashboard to see if they appear on all devices. IF that still fails, definitely contact support to have them file an engineering ticket.

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 25 of 26

Thanks AshleyK.  The photos appear on all the devices.  It's the one mobile device that is unable to load images.  I contacted support and believe it's escalated to tech.  Let's see if they get back to me.

Message 26 of 26