x

square register keeps rebooting?

is this a known issue or something someone has a fix for?

our unit keeps on focing us to reset.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Alumni

Hi @travis-lucys - This definitely shouldn't be the case with your Register. Can you give our CS team a call to troubleshoot this? They should be able to help you get to the bottom of this!

Message 2 of 13
Beta Member

Did you ever figure this out?  Ours reboots all the time, just randomly, mostly when we're actually using it.  I'll be in the middle of adding items to a check and it will just reboot on me.  I can't recreate the issue, its so random.

Message 3 of 13

We are also having this issue.  Was a solution ever presented?

Message 4 of 13
Beta Member

warranty for me, seemed to do the job although I still get an occasional reboot.  Definitely not as common.  Hardware looks great but the software seems pretty unreliable unfortunately

Message 5 of 13

Having the same issue and square POS also will freeze and I have to close it and reboot, been happening for over a week I'm not happy right now, have been on the phone with customer service everyday for over a week.

Message 6 of 13
Square Community Moderator

Hello @Colleen1227,

We are happy to see your first post in the Seller Community even if it is under these circumstances. 

Just curious as to what version of the POS app you are operating? Also, what device do you use your App with? Is it up to date?

I look forward to hearing back from you so we can troubleshoot together.😊

Frida
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 13

Hi Frida

We use the Ipad and it ISO 15, yes everything is up to date, been on the phone every day with customer support, keep getting the same answer from customer service which is our engineers are working on it. But it's been 10 days now and it is still happening, Today was the first day in 9 days that I did not call because I'm just going to get the same answer which does not help me because I have customers waiting to long at my counter because I have to reboot the system sometimes more then 20 times a day, this is unacceptable to me. 

I hope maybe you can give me some answers. My next step is to switch my POS system to someone else

Message 8 of 13
Beta Member

They warrantied mine twice before I got one that worked without restarts.

Message 9 of 13

This only started happening after square had an update, now going on almost 2 weeks of it not working properly, I'm getting info on Lightspeed POS, I'm giving square till Monday to have these issues solved and if not I'm going with a different company.

Message 10 of 13
Square Community Moderator

Hello @Colleen1227,

Just wanted follow up regarding the ticket that was filed with engineering. 

They made mention that there are quite a few reported instances of documented from other Sellers. I made sure to advise the Advocate who filed your ticket to follow up with your directly.

I wish I had more information to provide, but it does look like they have been working on a fix.

Frida
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 11 of 13
Beta Member

any answers on this? I have the regular POS (not register) and mine has been rebooting , often in the middle of a transaction, and I have to re- ring in all of the customers items (wasting their time and mine). Not acceptable for a POS to restart in the middle of a transaction without warning.

Been happening randomly off and on for a couple months now. Version is up to date on ipad and app. No other issues on the ipad.

Message 12 of 13

Not sure if this will help you but when i was having issues and square could not help me and kept telling me that their engineers are working on it over and over again!!

Under settings in square if you did update it probably says revert to older version, so I reverted back and have not had any problems since! Hope this helps

Message 13 of 13