x

virtual terminal not working

Our virtual terminal hasn't been working since 5/3/20. Please help

Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey @CSGiles and welcome to the Community.

Have you tried this Dashboard troubleshooting yet? This might help since the Virtual Terminal operates from the Dashboard.

If this is still no good, I'd try another browser. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 6 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Hi there, @boris_4 - thanks for taking the time to reach out and join us here on the Seller Community. We are happy to have you! Welcome! 

So sorry to hear about the trouble you are experiencing with your Virtual Terminal. For clarification purposes, are you having issues accessing the Virtual Terminal from your Online Dashboard? If so, can you explain specifically what is happening? If you could also include some screen shots or specific descriptions of what you are seeing, that would be so helpful!

The more information you provide, the better we will be able to assist!

Thanks so much! I will keep an eye out for your response.

Joe
Message 2 of 7

we are also experiencing this

Message 3 of 7

Hi there, @Samuel_Gauci - thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community.

Would you mind clarifying what specifically you are encountering with the Virtual Terminal? We need as many details as possible in order to help troubleshoot.

Will keep an eye out for your reply!

Joe
Message 4 of 7

We're also having a frustrating experience with the terminal. When we use the Virtual Terminal we fill out the form correctly and designate the appropriate terminal to receive the input from the client's card. However, all that happens is the online screen says the client is completing the transaction, and the terminal screen says Ready to Take a Payment. However, the instruction to insert the card never appears and the computer screen just locks up. A full reboot of both computer and terminal does not resolve the issue. It's like the terminal is not receiving instructions from the computer to take the payment. Any help will be appreciated.

Message 5 of 7

Best Answer

Hey @CSGiles and welcome to the Community.

Have you tried this Dashboard troubleshooting yet? This might help since the Virtual Terminal operates from the Dashboard.

If this is still no good, I'd try another browser. 

Ashley C
Message 6 of 7

Thank you! That helped and resolved the problem. I appreciate the information.

Message 7 of 7