x

A way to disable other tender/cash option, so we only take cards?

Hi, We are a snowmobile club and wanted the square to take plastic/credit cards for payment of trail passes and or memberships.

I noticed on our report we have a few of those "3 dots" and 1 cash transaction.

I read its "other tender" however when I click the transaction it says " Debit/credit" which has me confused. We did have 2 or 3 transactions that the person using the square didn't think they went through, Would that maybe be them? or if it doesn't go through it just won't show up at all? 

We have always taken cash and wanted to make life easier and accommodate those who don't have cash on hand with the square, 

Is there a way to turn off those options so that when you go to run somebody through it, it will no longer show up the ability to outside of what we choose being just credit cards? 

thanks!

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @Snowmobile-club - Welcome to The Seller Community, it's always nice to see a new face ๐Ÿ˜Š

Great Question.

I can totally see the need for a feature like this and how beneficial it could be for sellers when trying to ensure that there are no payment mishaps. At this time Square does not offer a feature that will allow this function to be disabled. I'll be happy to move this over to a feature request board so that our engineers have visibility of your suggestion. We appreciate you sharing your request. While there is no time frame for when it will be implemented, i'm happy to make sure our engineers have eyes on your request. 

As always, feel free to stop by The Community with question, concerns and even feature requests. We are more than happy to assist. โœจ

Ria
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @Snowmobile-club - Welcome to The Seller Community, it's always nice to see a new face ๐Ÿ˜Š

Great Question.

I can totally see the need for a feature like this and how beneficial it could be for sellers when trying to ensure that there are no payment mishaps. At this time Square does not offer a feature that will allow this function to be disabled. I'll be happy to move this over to a feature request board so that our engineers have visibility of your suggestion. We appreciate you sharing your request. While there is no time frame for when it will be implemented, i'm happy to make sure our engineers have eyes on your request. 

As always, feel free to stop by The Community with question, concerns and even feature requests. We are more than happy to assist. โœจ

Ria
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2