x
Beta Member

Access POS from Online Dashboard

As we roll out new ways of doing things, we are finding that the uptake on having employees do what we need them to do - is slow - as we cannot provide a training video that they can watch of the actions to take. For instance, adding a client to a sale. Creating training videos or how-to's via a laptop or computer is much more intuitive and easy - but we cannot access the POS from these dashboards!! Please, please, please - give POS access so that we can make it easier for our employees to do what we need them to do! Right now, we have to sit with each of them - many times over - to go over what we're needing them to do.

James Wilkinson
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Hey @JPWilkinson

Thanks for sharing your thoughts around this. That's an interesting feature request, and I can see how it would be a huge help if you can screen record all of the functions that your employees will need for your business. 

While I don't have any news around giving access to Point of Sale from a laptop or personal computer, our Product team has been tracking the interest around a training or test mode that could help with what you're trying to do. 

I know a few sellers that have created hard copy print outs with images and annotated screenshots that seem to be a huge help for them. Not the ideal way of doing things, but hopefully it can help until we get a better solution in place. 

Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

Are they creating this on their iPads? They're taking screenshots and then uploading them to iCloud or GDrive and then downloading to use in Powerpoint or Keynote? We've been testing taking a video from a phone of the steps to take in the POS and then taking this movie into iMovie and adding a voiceover, etc - then saving this to a shared drive for review later... but this would be better to be saved within the Square POS sidebar - where they can pull up Training Videos or Manuals and then search for what they are looking for - instead of having to always go outside the POS. The Square environment should have a function for doing this.

James Wilkinson
Message 3 of 3