x

Apply payment to appointment

I calculate every clients sale based on product cost and time, so when I go to check out my client I use my handheld square and type in the amount and they pay. But how do i apply that sale to an appointment when I go to close the ticket? My square appointments and square check out are separate so it looks like none of my clients have paid. When I close out a client and put in the information, square puts it in like I charged them twice !

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hi @sarahlee- Is there a reason why you're using the POS app separately from your Appointments app for checking out? 

You can keep it all cohesive and use the Appointments app from start to finish! If you charge clients based on product cost and time (you won't know what the cost is until you're finished with the service), you can create a $0.00 amount service in your item library and add it to the appointment. Then, when you go to check out your client from the Appointments app, you're able to edit the appointment and change the cost of the service to reflect what you need it to be.

This will help prevent the issue of "double charging" on your books and you won't have to switch from one app to the other.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 2 of 4

I've been doing this but it's silly that I have to. There needs to be a way to connect a transaction to an appointment. 

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hey, there @BHW just letting you know that I have answered your question here.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4