x

Appointments: Can I book an one appointment but have an open block of time in the middle?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Book back option in Appointments

Im looking to see if there is an option in square apointments where I could book something with an open block of time in the middle?
Example; booking a hair color job, appointment is at 1:00, takes 45 mins, leave 45 minute block open in the middle for processing, then comb out 45 block at the end. 

Message 1 of 8
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Appointments: Can I book an one appointment but have an open block of time in the middle?

7 REPLIES 7
Admin

Welcome to the Seller Community, @SupaStylist!

I went to check on this and it looks like another seller brought up a similar request in this thread: How to create processing time after a hair color service?

Have a look there and let us know if any questions remainโ€”hopefully the workaround suggested by Helen helps for now. Appreciate your patience as we make improvements based on seller feedback.

๏œ๏ธ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 8

It doesnโ€™t look like you offer the feature Iโ€™m looking for. In not offering this simple feature, it would double appointment making time and confuse things at my salon. If it werenโ€™t for that I would try using square for all my business needs! Too bad! ๐Ÿ˜ž this would have streamlined everything beautifully 

Message 3 of 8

I have this same issue! Please please please come up with a fix

Message 4 of 8
Admin

@IAmCourtney I'll share your feedback with the Appointments team, I know that being able to have an open block of time in the middle of an appointment would help a lot of other sellers too. We'll let you know if this feature is available in future! 

๏œ๏ธ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 5 of 8
Admin

@SupaStylist 

This feature is currently in Beta. Let us know if you're interested. 

https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/General-Discussion/Looking-to-add-Processing-time-to-your-appoint...

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 6 of 8

@kellyj  I'd love to help test it if possible 

Message 7 of 8
Admin

@IAmCourtney My apologies, we're not quite at the point of testing this in CA yet, but I will keep both of your interests and let you know when we're ready! Hopefully soon!

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 8 of 8