x

Appointments: Can I book an one appointment but have an open block of time in the middle?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Book back option in Appointments

Im looking to see if there is an option in square apointments where I could book something with an open block of time in the middle?
Example; booking a hair color job, appointment is at 1:00, takes 45 mins, leave 45 minute block open in the middle for processing, then comb out 45 block at the end. 

Message 1 of 8
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Appointments: Can I book an one appointment but have an open block of time in the middle?

7 REPLIES 7
Admin

Welcome to the Seller Community, @SupaStylist!

I went to check on this and it looks like another seller brought up a similar request in this thread: How to create processing time after a hair color service?

Have a look there and let us know if any questions remain—hopefully the workaround suggested by Helen helps for now. Appreciate your patience as we make improvements based on seller feedback.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 8

It doesn’t look like you offer the feature I’m looking for. In not offering this simple feature, it would double appointment making time and confuse things at my salon. If it weren’t for that I would try using square for all my business needs! Too bad! 😞 this would have streamlined everything beautifully 

Message 3 of 8

I have this same issue! Please please please come up with a fix

Message 4 of 8
Admin

@IAmCourtney I'll share your feedback with the Appointments team, I know that being able to have an open block of time in the middle of an appointment would help a lot of other sellers too. We'll let you know if this feature is available in future! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 5 of 8
Admin

@SupaStylist 

This feature is currently in Beta. Let us know if you're interested. 

https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/General-Discussion/Looking-to-add-Processing-time-to-your-appoint...

kellyj
Design Program Manager
Square Inc
Message 6 of 8

@kellyj  I'd love to help test it if possible 

Message 7 of 8
Admin

@IAmCourtney My apologies, we're not quite at the point of testing this in CA yet, but I will keep both of your interests and let you know when we're ready! Hopefully soon!

kellyj
Design Program Manager
Square Inc
Message 8 of 8